Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 4 Date: April 7th Road America

Author Topic: Round 4 Date: April 7th Road America  (Read 26926 times)

Offline slideways

• View Profile
Re: Round 4 Date: April 7th Road America
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2016, 08:43:29 AM »
Never listening to a word you guys say on race night again..You all tell fibs...With all the talk of tyres degrading and working out pitstops I was expecting most to dive in and get fresh rubber.. :-\  I had the perfect strategy if you'd have just played along.....Started 4th and very carefully dropped back through the field to wait patiently.....and there I stayed.... ::) ;D

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2016, 10:02:06 AM »
Bj was going to Race but had a last minute nvidia driver issue. Be good to have him back as well.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2016, 10:05:17 AM »
I was wondering why I was seeing you slideways, that explains it.   BJ should be fine, the Merc is almost a Porsche! 
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2016, 10:23:10 AM »
I had FUN last night ,the first time I have felt comfortable in the Sierra after working out a controller setup
that conveyed when it wanted to swap ends !
I think everyone enjoys Thursday Fun Runs as we seem to have a bunch of racers who drive like they
OWN the car not STOLEN it !! Looking forward to next week.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2016, 10:27:08 AM »
Never listening to a word you guys say on race night again..You all tell fibs...With all the talk of tyres degrading and working out pitstops I was expecting most to dive in and get fresh rubber.. :-\  I had the perfect strategy if you'd have just played along.....Started 4th and very carefully dropped back through the field to wait patiently.....and there I stayed.... ::) ;D
With this bunch of racers Slideways you will NEVER win a race from the back of the field, on bald tyres they could still set
record lap times.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2016, 11:03:03 AM »
With this bunch of racers Slideways you will NEVER win a race from the back of the field, on bald tyres they could still set
record lap times.

Wish someone reminded me of that also lol

I was sure everyone would pit, was so slippery after my vibration and flatspot on the front from my massive lockup when  i made a mistake and then cooked the rears pushing too hard
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 11:08:02 AM by Phil.8 »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline humper

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2016, 12:14:51 PM »
Was it just me or did the cars feel completely different this week after the AC update?
I seemed to be slip sliding everywhere or is it just RA is a slippery track?
Anyway had plenty of fun with little battles here and there throughout the race which usually ended with me yielding in the braking zones.
Thanks all   

Offline imperious

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2016, 01:13:03 PM »
I felt exactly the same Humper, car was the same to drive except I felt like I was driving on Ice at times.

My move up the inside of You down the hill obviously never payed off and I found it a lot harder to actually
get back on the track without spinning out everywhere which put me back down the order near last..

Offline humper

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2016, 04:39:04 PM »
My move up the inside of You down the hill obviously never payed off and I found it a lot harder to actually
get back on the track without spinning out everywhere which put me back down the order near last..

Seemed like you were out braking me everywhere, I thought you had that done easy coming down the hill. Was quite surprised when you just kept going straight out onto the grass.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2016, 04:53:24 PM »
Was it just me or did the cars feel completely different this week after the AC update?
I seemed to be slip sliding everywhere or is it just RA is a slippery track?
Anyway had plenty of fun with little battles here and there throughout the race which usually ended with me yielding in the braking zones.
Thanks all
Some of the mod tracks, especially conversions, can feel a bit slippery. Something to do with the track surface.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2016, 12:54:22 PM »

Seemed like you were out braking me everywhere, I thought you had that done easy coming down the hill. Was quite surprised when you just kept going straight out onto the grass.
Imperiuos does that!
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal