Xtreme Gaming Network

S9R2: Zandvoort pre-race chat

Author Topic: S9R2: Zandvoort pre-race chat  (Read 37503 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S9R2: Zandvoort pre-race chat
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2015, 07:42:40 AM »
Just ran a few laps on the prac server, car feels ok with 120kg, must be awesome with no ballast but darn it feels quick enough nice and heavy. Love the track not sure if there will be many passing opportunities like Silverstone, but such a blast driving an aero car around this place.

Stracker is running on the server but you may need to run ptracker latest experimental 3.10 in order to connect to the server, setup sharing should now work with this new build of ptracker/stracker so well worth the upgrade.

Did you do your 1:28.5 with 120kg? I set my 1:29.5 with 46 kg.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2015, 09:24:23 AM »
Yes I ran it with my default ballast. I also did suggest to neys that stracker would be good if it showed ballast used on the lap. Looking at the lap trace in stracker

http://54.79.75.81:50041/lapdetails?lapid=3205#

It shows I am quite a bit slower then you on the straight which is probably the only real passing opportunity.

I ran a race against ai too and the draft down the straight was insane in this car. Better then DRS I think but then as we have varied ballast I think the heavier cars will be a proper sitting duck.

There is a new ac server build out too and the checksums are working again, in order to get this tracks surface.ini to load I needed to also add the track ui. For the race server you can just copy this tracks content folder as I made it. Itneeded the ui folder in it in order for the checksum to load properly.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 09:29:47 AM by marty »

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2015, 12:52:34 PM »
Hey guys i tried to get into the server but i get kicked out the race with a checksum warning i got the the 30 pits thing and i copied into the track folder,,,,,what am i doing wrong?   thx guys

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2015, 01:59:53 PM »

http://54.79.75.81:50041/lapdetails?lapid=3205#

It shows I am quite a bit slower then you on the straight which is probably the only real passing opportunity.

There only looks to be a few km/h difference in the charts?  The start of the lap was much closer than the end of the lap - perhaps you got a poorer exit coming out of the final corner compared to the lap before?

It won't really matter anyway as you have been volunteered to take out the rest of the field so as to allow Achilles Heels to gain some valuable points.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2015, 03:10:43 PM »
I was just doing a 10 lap race run with a pitstop in the middle, I think there is a fair bit more pace in that as I was gaining time still in different sectors and ran a few laps similar times quite differently.

Hey guys i tried to get into the server but i get kicked out the race with a checksum warning i got the the 30 pits thing and i copied into the track folder,,,,,what am i doing wrong?   thx guys

I will check the log to see what checksum you failed, the checksums have not been working at all since at least 1.3 build.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2015, 03:39:04 PM »
Yeah, I should be on 28kg, not the 0kg listed above.
Fixed. My list was up to date, but I hadn't updated that post.
Cool. 8)

2+2=√16

Rolz

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2015, 04:42:33 PM »
I'm out due to work commitments  :'(

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2015, 05:20:55 PM »
thx marty

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2015, 07:10:40 PM »
Are you able to get into the server, it may be an issue with the way the track is packaged. Originally the surface checksum would fail but then I managed to make it work. I saw that you were getting surfaces.ini fail and this may be effecting everybody, this would give us 2 options either delete the servers checksum but then someone could run with different surface settings or maybe everyone can dl this version of the track as I edited it.

If you install this you should be able to get into the server and checksum should both work and pass.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6i1s3znsxtox1f9/KS+zandvoort+OSRW+1.1+fixed+surface+checksum.rar

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2015, 07:02:29 AM »
Guys do you want to dl the modified track version I put up or do you want me to disable the surface track sum from the track.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2015, 07:35:00 AM »
Guys do you want to dl the modified track version I put up or do you want me to disable the surface track sum from the track.
I reckon disable the checksum. More downloads may confuse people for Tuesday night.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2015, 08:31:36 AM »
I reckon disable the checksum. More downloads may confuse people for Tuesday night.

Ok done, maybe you need to get onto your Russian hacker to sort their shit out. ;)

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2015, 04:20:50 PM »
Can anyone tell me where you would buy circuit/contact cleaner?  My pedals are getting worse and worse and I remember someone saying they sprayed the crap out of the pot with that and it fixed them.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2015, 04:25:02 PM »
CRC ELECTRA-CLEAN is what you're after.
Any hardware store should have it. ;)

2+2=√16

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2015, 04:57:07 PM »
Awesome, thanks Bacchulum.  A trip out tomorrow morning to Bunnings then :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal