Xtreme Gaming Network

View mismatch between cars racing together - potential bug?

Author Topic: View mismatch between cars racing together - potential bug?  (Read 14113 times)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: View mismatch between cars racing together - potential bug?
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2015, 08:21:52 PM »
I want to see a public spanking!  I mean flogging.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2015, 09:03:51 PM »
I want to see a public spanking!  I mean flogging.
Isn't it TS that you luuvv?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 10:03:49 PM by Gratulin »

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2015, 11:40:37 PM »

Nobody is asking for a public flogging here its more a learning thing for everyone, some may like that sort of thing though I heard GB is into spankings at least.

It would be interesting to see the same 2 incidents on Gratulins replay file to see how things look there and if lag made him think he was overlapping me into t1 more then anything. The second one is an odd incident and probably needs to be seen from both cockpits to see if there were any steering inputs to suggest both were moving towards the middle of the track. Gratulins car has moved from the kerb outside at a pretty steady angle with no real suggestion of straightening and maybe my car was under-steering and then regained front grip just a split second before impact causing a minor turn back to the middle but its only very minor if any compared to moving a few car lengths across from the other car.
Marty, I don't think my replay file is any different. I made a video and it came out looking similar to yours. I then set my video to single screen and the replay then looks the same. Only the replay played on my settings looks the same as in the race for me. I am trying to get some screen shots that show my view exactly. It keeps changing the perspective however. It is a bit weird. Everything is a lot closer in my view and this makes me seem to be overlapping you a bit. My bonnet view is looking at your left door handle! To me it looked like you drove into me. From the other videos it looks like I drove into the back of you.

So, in summary, it seems to be something with my FOV.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2015, 08:58:47 AM »
Phantom collision on AC forums and interesting explanation by Nao

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/phantom-collision.19766/
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2015, 09:38:31 AM »
I still suspect the mini has a larger collision box then the physical model we can see. Easy way to test would be try to back it into a wall and see if the model can touch the wall or if there is a gap. I cant test it atm but will do later unless someone else does it first. You can see in the slow motion video quite clearly there was a bit of a gap. It could also be lag and so point of contact may be closer in the other replay.

Also the second collision on the straight, the best part was Gratulins over the fence dismount at the end.  ;D

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2015, 09:53:43 AM »

I still suspect the mini has a larger collision box then the physical model we can see. Easy way to test would be try to back it into a wall and see if the model can touch the wall or if there is a gap. I cant test it atm but will do later unless someone else does it first. You can see in the slow motion video quite clearly there was a bit of a gap. It could also be lag and so point of contact may be closer in the other replay.

Also the second collision on the straight, the best part was Gratulins over the fence dismount at the end.  ;D
Yeah - it seemed to be in slowmo! Quite entertaining but not really "immersive"...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal