Xtreme Gaming Network

S6R5: Spa Race Chat (APR 28)

Author Topic: S6R5: Spa Race Chat (APR 28)  (Read 41224 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S6R5: Spa Race Chat (APR 28)
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2015, 12:52:19 PM »
It gave you the choice of "easy" wins vs. the fun of battling further back in the pack if you wanted.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2015, 01:12:49 PM »
I am not a fan of mixed cars,probably racing 2 different cars is ideal,but no more than that.Other options like ballasts or handicaps to balance the mess we have created  :-* are just  futile exercises,Assetto corsa has plenty of resources to keep us amused,,,,,,hey,,,my opinion ok?   ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2015, 01:27:15 PM »
Mixed cars are good if they can all get very similar laptimes within 1 second. Still the racing mid pack has been quite fun in these though I think the overall gap is a bit too large between the cars unless being used for handicap with open choice youd probably want cars that are more evenly matched IMHO.

I dont think there is anything wrong with open choice mixed cars if the performance is closer in times. I actually prefer that over single car classes and in AC with its building gt3 class this would work well but there are quite a few other cars that are quite close with 3 or 4 cars running very similar times.

This season is fun trying to beat cars that youbreally shouldnt and nost of this is due to speed difference in some cars giving them some chance in a battle even if on a single solo lap there may be quite a gap.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2015, 02:41:45 PM »
any chance of updating the F40, too?  I'm thinking the s3....It'd give me a fighting chance.  It's still harder to drive than any of the other cars, but at least it has speed :)

The stage 3 is about 2 seconds faster than the Alfa!
Yeah but good luck getting that out of it...only Guy can do it.  I can get a normal car within 0.5-1s / min to the wr, but not this thing.  It requires a level of finesse that only aliens have :)

It's ok I was joking, anyway.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2015, 02:45:27 PM »
Oh; Marty, if we wanted handicapping, we could go back to any of the systems we have laid out
- allocating cars based on speed
- car "rental"
- others?
Ballast would be great, but I don't see it happening.

This was simply a "fun season" - less about winning, more about mixing :)

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2015, 09:49:54 PM »
Yeah the racing has been pretty good this season, 3 4 secs is way more than we have seen though so i guess we see how we go haha
do you even motorsports?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2015, 10:05:15 PM »
Just had a couple practice races with some 458's, merc and KTM racing was pretty good. KTM unfortunatly is a sitting duck with its low top speeds but the 458 and mercs can get similar laptimes. And both are quite a bit quicker in opposite parts of the track so will be interesting, the 458 is a rocket to les combes so maybe if we can get ahead of the alfas to there we can help ruin there races if enough ferraris get ahead of them.  ;)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2015, 10:43:32 PM »
Just got AC update 1.1.6 has had a few changes and may effect some cars so Wally should probably update the server files to ensure no checksum missmatches. Collision bug between cars 1 and 2 has finally been fixed and supposedly MP timing, havent got the update yet so not sure but here are the notes.

1.1.6 Changelog:

- Fixed no collision bug between first 2 cars in the server list
- Fixed TCP connection getting dropped for timeout
- Fixed Pagani Huayra rear wings animation bug, wrongly connected to the animated suspensions on the last update. Physics unchanged and unaffected
- Updated suspension on LaFerrari, missed on last updated due to time constrains
- Fixed server output for "LAP WITH CUTS"
- Fixed KERS not recharging when car is reset
- Telemetry speed graph is now autoadjusted for max speed
- Fixed animations running at wrong speed during replays
- Fixed CPU time in render stats with negative numbers on PC with timer drifting
- Fixed pitstop automatic controller not pressing the clutch and sometimes leaving the car moving away
- Fixed Essential and RacePosition app wrong values in replay mode
- Fixed Leaderboard in online races
- Added flags, penalties, kers to the shared memory
- Fixed wrong tyre temperature value in the car setup screen
- Fixed crash if a non existent PP effect is selected
- Fixed problem with TAB leaderboard on change session
- Removed invalidation message from drift and time attack modes
- Change camera button can now be assigned properly to another key
- Fixed penalties on time attack
- Fixed bad rear pressure slider placement on Lotus 2-11 setup
- Default launcher theme: skip YouTube device support message
- Ferrari F40 S3 brake bias adjustments in setup
- Mclaren F1 GTR front left Toe-in setup slider value fixed
- Added Fuel pressure (shows fuel quantity) to BMW M3 E30 DTM and Group A
- Fuel indicator working for Alfa Romeo GTA, Lotus 2-11, Lotus Elise SC, Lotus Exige 240, Lotus Exige Scura, Lotus Exige S & Roadster & V6cup, Lotus Evora S & GTE & GTE Carbon, Mercedes SLS, McLaren MP4 12C, Pagani Huayra
- Corrected fuel indicator scale for BMW M235iR, McLaren P1, Shelby Cobra
- Working LCD screens for Mercedes 190 DTM EVO 2, Mercedes C9 LM.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2015, 10:45:11 PM »
Was some fun racing. Got a PB :)

I got RSR running again after you guys left and it kept telling me my car was off the track on turn 1 when it wasn't! I see there is queued updated for AC in Steam so maybe it's a weird version thing.

May be worth noting for tomorrows race as I assume everyone and the server needs to be on the same version??

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2015, 10:46:35 PM »
Just got the update and Acserver.exe has been updated so servers will likely need full updates.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2015, 10:48:09 PM »
Just got the update and Acserver.exe has been updated so servers will likely need full updates.

Makes sense. Wobbly tried to join the server after you guys left. He'd done the update and the server wouldn't even appear in the list for him.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2015, 10:51:23 PM »
I'll update the servers tomorrow night before I start up the race server. No time tonight.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2015, 11:21:31 PM »
Cheers for the update tip!!
Yes some excellent racings tonight!!   :D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2015, 07:45:13 AM »
Practice server has been updated to 1.1.6.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2015, 08:17:28 AM »
Was some fun racing. Got a PB :)

I got RSR running again after you guys left and it kept telling me my car was off the track on turn 1 when it wasn't!

Where you inside the track at turn 1, you need 2 wheels to be on track for rsr to validate a lap. Going 4 wheels over the astro is off track there and also quite a bit slower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal