Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 3: Monza Race Chat

Author Topic: Round 3: Monza Race Chat  (Read 99918 times)

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Round 3: Monza Race Chat
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2014, 08:59:05 PM »
Wally,

Since the v0.2x upgrade I have had a lot of problems joining the XGN Server, The game keeps crashing on the MP load screen then crashes back to the Lobby. I finally got on tonight and practiced for about an hour then it crashed again, in the middle of a lap.

I am thinking that it might be a good idea to give my spot to a reserve for tomorrow night, as I would hate to take a spot only to find I'm not able to join.

I'll start trolling the AC forums to see if there are any clues to my problem.

Cheers mate, and have fun guys,
rob

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2014, 09:49:26 PM »
I wonder if others here are having the same problem.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2014, 10:11:01 PM »
There may have been a problem with your update from Steam. Have you tried a validate or whatever Steam calls it?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2014, 10:16:38 PM »
There may have been a problem with your update from Steam. Have you tried a validate or whatever Steam calls it?
Verify game cache, or something like that, isn't it. I joined the XGN server the other day and did a couple of laps only, but had no problems.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 23, 2014, 11:00:48 PM »
another small update out tonight, try that and definitely right click on game in steam and validate files.

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 24, 2014, 12:06:14 AM »
Thanks for your help Wally, Glen and Gratulin. Didn't know about the Verify thingy.

I've got the latest update and I have just verified the game cache, It says that everything is OK. I'll try connecting to the server tomorrow and see how I go.

Thanks guys
rob

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 24, 2014, 08:20:31 AM »
another small update out tonight, try that and definitely right click on game in steam and validate files.

- Fixed wings animations in replay
- Frequencies and damping ratio work for front monoshock
- Dynamic wing controller now uses setup value as initial angle value
- Shaders normal map improvements
- KS Suspension editor. A simple editor for your suspension.ini file that gives some additional data
- KS Gear Ratio editor. A simple editor that creates gear ratios from cogs

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 24, 2014, 09:12:33 AM »
Off-topic a little, does anyone know of any app that shows the brake bias while in car? I see I can map the bias front and back on my wheel but I'm not sure if it's working.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 24, 2014, 09:25:13 AM »
Off-topic a little, does anyone know of any app that shows the brake bias while in car? I see I can map the bias front and back on my wheel but I'm not sure if it's working.
If you're not sure, then it's not working.  :)
I've found that in some cars, too.  I reckon it maybe car dependent - simulated if the real car has it or not.

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 24, 2014, 11:09:47 AM »
Wally,

I tried 5 times to connect to the Monza Server, but was only able to connect once. Seems to be a bit random.

I have updated with latest version of AC, verified the game cache through Steam, and installed the latest skins. I have not installed the Freejoin App as I thought it best to keep the installation as "clean" as possible.

Might be best to give my spot to a reserve, until I am able to connect 100% of the time. Sorry for the late notice.

Have fun Guys, keep it clean,
rob

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #100 on: June 24, 2014, 11:25:11 AM »
Hello to Rob, Rolz Dick and Marty, sorry wasn't being an hipster on the server last night, ignoring you all, my mic has decided to 'stop' working for no reason... you may be lucky enough to hear my virus effected  dulcet tones tonight after some research/work...  8)
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 24, 2014, 11:25:23 AM »
The last couple of days I've been experiencing internet drop outs so I'm hoping that my internet can hold together tonight.  I'm pretty sure the rule is that if your internet isn't working you get full points right?...
*connects up 56k modem*

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 24, 2014, 11:41:54 AM »
The last couple of days I've been experiencing internet drop outs so I'm hoping that my internet can hold together tonight.  I'm pretty sure the rule is that if your internet isn't working you get full points right?...
*connects up 56k modem*

That's not what I heard..
All internet faults are probably caused by Marty. All points lost this way will default to the slowest, yet most handsome, racer out there. Dick Forrest.

Offline SpeedFreak

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 24, 2014, 12:22:10 PM »
Guys im going to be missing tonight  so someone can take my spot if they like....see ya back on track next week fingers XXXX

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 24, 2014, 01:00:40 PM »
Guys im going to be missing tonight  so someone can take my spot if they like....see ya back on track next week fingers XXXX

I BAGS SPEED'S POINTS!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal