Xtreme Gaming Network

Pit lane penalty app: 2.00

Author Topic: Pit lane penalty app: 2.00  (Read 201350 times)

Offline Rene Kierchhoff

• View Profile
Re: New pit lane penalty app: 1.10 for download
« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2016, 07:27:49 PM »
Thanks for your help guys ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: New pit lane penalty app: 1.10 for download
« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2016, 07:44:04 PM »
New version for download in the first post (1.11)

Update - version 1.11:
  • Fix third party imports (hopefully to fix Vipergod's problem of the app not appearing)
  • Stop jump starts from being issued on transition to the next session (now you can't jump start until after the AC lights have gone out).
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: New pit lane penalty app: 1.11 for download
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2016, 08:22:58 AM »
Re-packaged zip file to download into Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa (was missing the app icons for the in-game app menu).
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: New pit lane penalty app: 1.13 for download
« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2016, 10:29:01 AM »
New version 1.13 in the first post (which is optional for Tuesday nights, as the changes are nice to haves). See changes in the first post.

You can turn the flag images on or off by editing PLP.ini in a text editor like Notepad and set USE_FLAG_IMAGES to true or false.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2016, 12:34:02 PM »
Hey, Wally:

I tried 1.13. flags look nice, but the problem is that they stay on for the whole race, covering any other flag. I started a race in one of Marty's servers and it gave me a drive-through penalty for false start. From then on I had flashing red text and a big black flag for the whole race...

I guess you meant we should disable the flags, but maybe you might want to think about the flag staying on for only 1 lap or something like that.

Cheers!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2016, 12:45:01 PM »
Hey, Wally:

I tried 1.13. flags look nice, but the problem is that they stay on for the whole race, covering any other flag. I started a race in one of Marty's servers and it gave me a drive-through penalty for false start. From then on I had flashing red text and a big black flag for the whole race...

I guess you meant we should disable the flags, but maybe you might want to think about the flag staying on for only 1 lap or something like that.

Cheers!

The idea is that it stays on as a permanent reminder that you have to do a drive through penalty. But if you use the XGN version of the app, it shouldn't be giving you a drive through penalty anyway. Actually, I just realised I had the wrong INI file in the zip file. If you re-download it, it will turn drive throughs off.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2016, 03:48:14 PM »
Ok, will re-download. The only problem I see is the flag overlapping with yellow/blue flags...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2016, 05:29:20 PM »
Ok, will re-download. The only problem I see is the flag overlapping with yellow/blue flags...
Yeah, I didn't think about that. Also, I can't see any flags in my single player testing. I'll move the flag a bit more to the right.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2016, 06:27:05 PM »
And the flags in AC achieve what exactly? :D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 24, 2016, 08:31:17 PM »
And the flags in AC achieve what exactly? :D

Not much as most have no idea about what they mean.  :D

A more visible yellow and blue cant be a bad thing but this should be as a movable official app. So often especially in pub servers you see an incident ahead and everyone behind just rushes to join in and make it a bigger pileup.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 24, 2016, 08:43:07 PM »
Problem with yellows in AC is that it often tells you of a car staying still on the side of a straight 2km away... so you end up disregarding most of them as you don't know very well when to start slowing down.

I---at least---try to have a look at the map when I see a yellow flag, so I can try to figure out where the danger is. Often---but not always---it is useful. But yes... as I said above: most of the time nobody cares.

Blue flags instead are very important.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2016, 08:30:53 AM »
OK: after some further testing, it looks like the blue and yellow flags are still visible as they come up above and not below the PLP banner. The yellow flag might go unnoticed, as the colour difference is not huge, but the blue flag is quite noticeable.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2016, 09:08:28 AM »
OK: after some further testing, it looks like the blue and yellow flags are still visible as they come up above and not below the PLP banner. The yellow flag might go unnoticed, as the colour difference is not huge, but the blue flag is quite noticeable.

A newer version 1.13 (Apr 25):
  • You can edit FLAG_POS in PLP.ini to move the flags to the left or right of the screen.
  • Moved the flags below the AC flags.
  • Changed the flag images to use the AC ones (with additional text)

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2016, 10:14:00 AM »
Cool. Will try to find some time to test it tonight when I get back from work (your beloved grat works on one of the few days that is holiday both in Australia and Italy... life is strange sometimes)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2016, 03:33:04 PM »
Cool. Will try to find some time to test it tonight when I get back from work (your beloved grat works on one of the few days that is holiday both in Australia and Italy... life is strange sometimes)
Hopefully you get penalty rates!

Boom Boom. I think that was a pun?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal