Xtreme Gaming Network

The first 1963 Shelby 289 sold...

Author Topic: The first 1963 Shelby 289 sold...  (Read 6126 times)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
The first 1963 Shelby 289 sold...
« on: November 27, 2014, 09:43:08 AM »
Is up for auction. RM Auctions will handle downsizing of Andrews Collection in May, 2015

At one point, the father-and-son team of Paul and Chris Andrews had more than 150 vehicles in their classic car collection.

However, said Paul, “When you get down to it, the most fun you can have in a car is using it how it’s meant to be used… on the road.”

On May 2, 2015, the Andrews will pare their museum-filling collection via RM Auctions, which will stage the single-vendor sale at the Andrews’ facility in Fort Worth, Texas.

“We want to get down to a smaller number of cars – perhaps 15 to 20 – that we very much enjoy driving and that we can use on events with the family,” Chris Andrews told RM. “There are a number of events we’d still like to try overseas and here in the United States, and in order to do that, we need to focus on a more manageable collection.”

In addition to some 75 vehicles, the sale will include automobilia the Andrews have collected.
Read more...
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: The first 1963 Shelby 289 sold...
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 09:55:00 AM »
Thanks for the "heads up" Bruce.

It will give me time to start saving. I've already got $200 doing nothing now, should be able to double that by May next year.  ;)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Re: The first 1963 Shelby 289 sold...
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 10:33:37 AM »
Thanks for the "heads up" Bruce.

It will give me time to start saving. I've already got $200 doing nothing now, should be able to double that by May next year.  ;)
Blast!  Now I have competition at the auction ;D
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal