Xtreme Gaming Network

April 21 season break - fun run - Nordschleife endurance

Author Topic: April 21 season break - fun run - Nordschleife endurance  (Read 110497 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: April 21 season break - fun run - Nordschleife endurance
« Reply #135 on: April 19, 2015, 04:32:56 PM »
Bad news gents, Guy is learning the track, fast.  He managed to complete a so-so lap...

I just checked the server stats he has 2 valid laps from 26, I still wish him luck for the 10 lapper.  :D

Rob I will load up the full entry list tomorrow afternoon so give it another shot then. If you run some laps on the nords circuit and you already are familiar with the go layout the only change is t1/2 the faster chicane and turn off to Nords from the gp layout.

Have you tried setting replay buffer to the min level yet as that would most likely help any memory issues which are the most likely cause of it crashing on lower spec machines.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 19, 2015, 04:54:38 PM »
Marty, it looks like I've not fixed my problem after all. Back to getting a runtime error. I'll try and get on the server later today. If I do get it sorted I'll take the McLaren thanks, but I've missed a heap of practice time :(

Hope to see you Tuesday Rob. Or if you can lend your computer to Guybrush that would be great.

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 19, 2015, 05:27:38 PM »
Have you tried setting replay buffer to the min level yet as that would most likely help any memory issues which are the most likely cause of it crashing on lower spec machines.

Thanks for the suggestion Marty.  I have set it to the minimum but haven't tried it yet.

Hope to see you Tuesday Rob. Or if you can lend your computer to Guybrush that would be great.

Yeah, I hope I'll be there Dick. I'm just about ready to bin the computer.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 19, 2015, 05:30:50 PM »
Count me out, PC won't be ready in time. :(

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 19, 2015, 09:12:07 PM »
Bad luck Bacchulum but Im pretty sure we can do another run here again, it really is quite fun once you get the hang of the track. I think I got the most out of my SLS on hards with a couple 8:17's in a row http://52.64.54.57:50041/admin/sessiondetails?playerInSessionId=7360# but hope thats not going to be near the race pace.

I did see Robin jump on the server who I assume was Rob so that seems promising, he raced a few laps and managed to get a PLP penalty. I dont think there is any need to enforce PLP penalties during this race as 170 turns x 10 laps is 1700 chances to go off. Also running off track just about anywhere at Nords is going to cost time and damage.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 19, 2015, 09:27:57 PM »
Here is the current Grid with the few guys yet to give me a car selection I have either given what they last used on the practice server or just a guess as I have for Gorgak.

1 Marty SLS GT3
2 Perch Nismo GTR GT3
3 Dick Forrest MP4 12C GT3
4 UnfkNbelievable C7R GTE
5 Guybrush Threepwood Nismo GTR GT3
6 Freezer Nismo GTR GT3
7 RJM 458 GT2
8 Grubbet 458 GT2
9 Rolz Mclaren MP4 GT3
10 Rob MP4 GT3
11 Shameless C7R
12 Gorgak M3 GT2
13 StanDaam Nismo GT3
14 Bird SLS GT3
15 Joe 458 GT2
16 Krahl 458 GT2
17 Paps MP4 GT3
18 Glynn C7R GTE
19 Gratulin Z4 GT3
20 Matthew Z4 GT3
21 Jeremy 458 GT2
22 Peter Reid P4/5

The ones in red are those that I haven't noticed a confirmed car choice, I have also changed the selection deadline to 7pm tomorrow just in case I don't get home til late on race nite. I will be able to get the server up earlier and admin pass will be the regular pass if for some reason I cant make the race someone else could get direct control of the server if needing to skip sessions etc. I think I will be home in time just been stuck at work a fair bit the last few days and good to have a backup plan in case things turn bad for me so the race can still go on.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 19, 2015, 10:24:22 PM »
I have put up a practice server with the current entry list so anyone entered can try enter that server to make sure they have the car they want and can get in. Its called XGN Nords Enduro Practice server, the other Marty's server is also still up where people can try any car with my password.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 19, 2015, 10:39:09 PM »
Yeah I'll drive a McLaren thanks marty!!

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 20, 2015, 05:58:47 AM »
Yep, that was me Marty. I am getting a few "micro" stutters so it will best if I start from the rear.

I got "a" PLP penalty? Obviously I wasn't trying hard enough.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 20, 2015, 10:42:13 AM »
Cheers Marty!! Yes the Nismo for me please!!  :D

Rolz

« Reply #145 on: April 20, 2015, 02:11:30 PM »
Got some good practice in on the weekend... worked out tires and fuel strategies ok.
Noticed some corners I could only go flat out once I'd lessened the fuel load
(3-4 laps in if starting with full tank)

Saw Gratulin for a little bit...
Was almost 7 laps in on a full race test but had a mate pop in so couldn't really tell them to wait another 28min

Played offline testing with AI driving... they are bloody hard to race! (98% skill)
Starting at the back (10 racers) over a 2 lap sprint I got to 5th... it was hard fought.
With so many cars you are off the drive line most of the time, overtaking spots are very tough indeed.
Plus I still am not a fan of how the AI can clip me and I'm gone and they are bolted to the road...
(Fiancé heard a lot of "That's bulls**t" calls coming from my study over the weekend)  :P

I seem to be hitting the Carousel really slowly as the AI just wipe me out every time I'm in front of them...
It's like I've hit the breaks and they just ram my arse. What speed do you people drive through that? I'm going through ~80-90 in 2nd
Seeing that I'm sure I could improve my time there.

MP4 is slower on the straights, but breaking is awesome and now I'm used to the handling, or I'm happy with my setup.
I'm going to be in the middle of the pack as I'm averaging about 8:38 (PB is 8:32), but I'm confident all going well I'll beat that closer to the end of the race Tuesday if car is ok and concentration is ok.  :P

Here is my setup for any other MP4 drivers to compare

Rolz   ;D

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 20, 2015, 02:15:39 PM »
Are you going to enforce the PLP in this race? If so I could well be doing a drive though every lap  ;D

Rolz

« Reply #147 on: April 20, 2015, 02:15:51 PM »
http://52.64.54.57:50041/admin/sessiondetails?playerInSessionId=7360#

Can anyone see your details? I'm getting prompted for user name and password... I'm guessing it's because it's the admin section you've shared.

Edit - ok bumbled around the site and found it :)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 02:35:38 PM by Rolz »

Offline paps

• Never Trust A Hippy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 20, 2015, 02:55:02 PM »
Just a quick question,

..What time do proceedings kick off on the night guys?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 20, 2015, 03:11:18 PM »
Just a quick question,

..What time do proceedings kick off on the night guys?

Qualy will start at 8.30 like regular tuesday nites with a 30 minute session then race straight after which will be around 1 1/2 hrs long. The race over time seems to be limited at 200 seconds.

Rolz sorry about that link didnt notice I was in admin section when I copied the link. Here is a non admin link to all The Nords enduro laps on my servers with the selectable gt cars. http://52.64.54.57:50041/lapstat?track=ks_nordschleife-endurance&cars=bmw_m3_gt2,bmw_z4_gt3,ferrari_458_gt2,ks_corvette_c7r,ks_nissan_gtr_gt3,mclaren_mp412c_gt3,mercedes_sls_gt3,p4-5_2011&valid=1,2&date_from=&date_to=

I havent tried the AI there much but found them a little slow when I did. Passing at Nords really not likely in too many spots. I did experiment some rather sketchy spots against Jeremy who was in the 458gt2 where I had a straight line advantage in the SLS. Only time I could pass was when I got over 270kmh and many of these places its not lots of room to go side by side.

The long straight and GP circuit are your best chance unless the guy ahead makes a mistake its not going to be easy to pass.

Race server will also have dynamic grip and the xgn nords practice server should be setup the same as it will be on race nite.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 04:17:08 PM by marty »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal