Xtreme Gaming Network

Teamspeak Headset

Author Topic: Teamspeak Headset  (Read 7562 times)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Teamspeak Headset
« on: July 15, 2015, 03:35:48 PM »
My old headset broke so I lashed out and bought a new one. It worked pretty good this week. The beauty of this type of headset is that I can set the game sound level and the headset sound level independently so that I hear the chat through the headset at the correct level while still having immersive sound coming from the PC's speakers. They simply plug into the standard microphone/headset sockets on the PC. I have my front sound outputs set to not disable PC external sound when the headset is plugged in.

Here's the link -

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=380974416851&globalID=EBAY-AU

It's a fairly high end headset at approx $14 delivered!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 03:40:57 PM by Gratulin »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Teamspeak Headset
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 03:45:47 PM »
I was going to ask you about this, because it sounded pretty good.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Rolz

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 03:47:27 PM »
What's the volume like of the people talking?

My current ones are pretty shitty where I have trouble hearing ppl when the car is roaring along...

It's like I need to get it's own amplifier as I need to crank the volume in the heads set but It's set as max and its just not loud enough...

I like to have my speakers turned up reasonably high, but not too high where the boss comes barging in telling me to turn it down  ;D

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 03:52:09 PM »
but not too high where the boss comes barging in telling me to turn it down  ;D

Right there with you, but to the point I have all the sound coming through my headphones just to be safe  ;D I have my AC master volume turned down to the point I can hear the car and people talking at the right levels

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Teamspeak Headset
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 05:49:50 PM »
The volume of the headset is load enough that I needed to turn it down using a combination of Teamspeak options and the Windows Sound mixer. Because it is plugged into the 'front' sound ports and they are configured as separate Windows sound outputs the volume of the headset can be set independently of AC speaker outputs. I have the Logitech speakers the same as Wally plugged into the 'back' sound ports. I can have the AC volume as loud as I want ( allowed!! ) without impacting the ability to hear via the headset.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 05:51:43 PM by Gratulin »

Rolz

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 09:55:18 AM »
The volume of the headset is load enough that I needed to turn it down using a combination of Teamspeak options and the Windows Sound mixer. Because it is plugged into the 'front' sound ports and they are configured as separate Windows sound outputs the volume of the headset can be set independently of AC speaker outputs. I have the Logitech speakers the same as Wally plugged into the 'back' sound ports. I can have the AC volume as loud as I want ( allowed!! ) without impacting the ability to hear via the headset.

Yeah sounds (no pun intended) like the same setup I run... have my 5.1 setup from the back and then TS Headset coming from the Front... just my headphone is max on computer, max in TS and still too quiet when all hell is breaking loose on the track...

I'll give them a go if you rate them  ;D

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Teamspeak Headset
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 10:06:04 AM »

Yeah sounds (no pun intended) like the same setup I run... have my 5.1 setup from the back and then TS Headset coming from the Front... just my headphone is max on computer, max in TS and still too quiet when all hell is breaking loose on the track...

I'll give them a go if you rate them  ;D
Ah! I should have been clearer. I only get TS on my headset and only AC on my speakers. In TS you select the Audio Output 2 ie the front outputs. Default sound is set to Audio Output 1 ie the back outputs.

EDIT: You can then adjust the sound level independently for each output in the Windows Mixer. You need to use the sound card control panel to split the headset audio to be a separate output.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 10:10:35 AM by Gratulin »

Rolz

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2015, 10:21:39 AM »
yeah I can adjust volumes independently... just my headphones with mic is BS quiet that's all.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2015, 10:45:20 AM »
Maybe you paid too much for them :D

Rolz

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2015, 10:54:18 AM »
Maybe you paid too much for them :D

I think they were a $15 BigW special...  :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal