Xtreme Gaming Network

Help for Content Manager

Author Topic: Help for Content Manager  (Read 3803 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Help for Content Manager
« on: March 01, 2022, 10:45:12 PM »
For Brad & Phil, you could try importing my CM settings.

1. Make a copy of your entire <user>\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension folder
2. Unzip the files in the attached zip into the <user>\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension folder, replacing the existing files.

Give it a try. I can't say I've ever seen the overly bright settings you're seeing.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 11:02:02 AM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
Re: Help for Content Manager
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 10:17:49 AM »
USER\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2022, 11:02:23 AM »
USER\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension
Thanks Seanus, I updated the first post.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2022, 07:16:48 PM »
WTF we finally convince two Luddites to throw away their "sabots" and their first experience of the new technology is a disaster :'(
From memory from a long time ago I vaguely recall experiencing this issue of overbright display and I "think" I resolved it by turning off Post Processing in the basic Assetto Corsa video options. I no longer have to do this and am running Post Processing but I cannot remember what the permanent fix was.  Hope this helps.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2022, 02:41:48 PM »
WTF we finally convince two Luddites to throw away their "sabots" and their first experience of the new technology is a disaster :'(
From memory from a long time ago I vaguely recall experiencing this issue of overbright display and I "think" I resolved it by turning off Post Processing in the basic Assetto Corsa video options. I no longer have to do this and am running Post Processing but I cannot remember what the permanent fix was.  Hope this helps.

You are entitled to your opinion, however I don't like the fact that I've been forced to move away a method which worked to a totally different platform which clearly has some issues....it's near on impossible to see when driving towards the sun! Apart from completely uninstalling both CM and AC I am at a loss of how to fix this problem

After trying Wally's settings yesterday nothing has changed (for me) so I guess this luddite won't be racing as much as I'd like if being forced to use CM this is going to be the norm....

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2022, 03:22:38 PM »

You are entitled to your opinion, however I don't like the fact that I've been forced to move away a method which worked to a totally different platform which clearly has some issues....it's near on impossible to see when driving towards the sun! Apart from completely uninstalling both CM and AC I am at a loss of how to fix this problem

After trying Wally's settings yesterday nothing has changed (for me) so I guess this luddite won't be racing as much as I'd like if being forced to use CM this is going to be the norm....
Check in the AC- video settings and make sure you have fxaa enabled, most of the effects CM does uses fxaa.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2022, 04:15:42 PM »
In content manager:
Settings/Assetto Corsa/Miscellaneous, there's an 'Exposure' setting.
This should take your view from almost black to almost white, find the sweet spot.

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal