Xtreme Gaming Network

A few all-time stat updates

Author Topic: A few all-time stat updates  (Read 3736 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
A few all-time stat updates
« on: September 23, 2022, 03:31:53 PM »
Looking at the all time stats, a few milestones have happened. Joe has now won more Tuesday night races and had more podiums than anyone else ever, and Bacchulum has set the most consistent lap times most often. Well done guys  8)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: A few all-time stat updates
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2022, 07:46:19 PM »
Where have all the past simracers gone?  :'( :'( :'(I find it very odd we are now down so much in regular participants, anybody like to offer some reasons?
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2022, 08:44:54 AM »
Where have all the past simracers gone?  :'( :'( :'(I find it very odd we are now down so much in regular participants, anybody like to offer some reasons?
That's the big question. People always drift away, from AC or sim racing, but the real issue is no one new is joining. Maybe people aren't finding us here. One thing that changed in past years is that search engines are now penalising websites that don't use https (like XGN), pushing them further down the search results. I'm trying to get hold of Bird to see if we can change that.
Another thing could be that a lot of the online gaming world seems to be moving to Discord to organise their groups instead of the old forums. Maybe something else to pursue.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2022, 10:17:49 AM »
That's the big question. People always drift away, from AC or sim racing, but the real issue is no one new is joining. Maybe people aren't finding us here. One thing that changed in past years is that search engines are now penalising websites that don't use https (like XGN), pushing them further down the search results. I'm trying to get hold of Bird to see if we can change that.
Another thing could be that a lot of the online gaming world seems to be moving to Discord to organise their groups instead of the old forums. Maybe something else to pursue.

Thanks Wally.
You hit the nail on the head with "no one new is joining". I know leagues are moving to Discord ,but is it a better tool for the job or just a cheaper one? Hosting XGN is not an insignificant cost to Bird(thanks Bird :)) but is Discord better?
No new racers: is it just part of the general malaise that is running through society at the moment, or a lack of money for new people to start simracing?.  Any changes to help improve the situation would be welcome.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2022, 02:10:19 PM »
I think there are more sim racers than ever before.
I also think there are more corporate leagues with big carrots than ever before.....

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2022, 12:35:27 PM »
I've enabled HTTPS for the forum, so hopefully in the near future, XGN should percolate higher up the search results.

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2022, 02:47:43 PM »
Thanks Wally.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2022, 03:48:29 PM »

A Facebook group could be a way to get more people in. Pretty sure ROOZ have one.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2022, 09:35:52 AM »
Joe has now won more Tuesday night races and had more podiums than anyone else ever

I must have missed this. That's a good stat to have!  8)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal