Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 10: Australian GT3 Regulations and Sign Up

Author Topic: Season 10: Australian GT3 Regulations and Sign Up  (Read 103959 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Season 10: Australian GT3 Regulations and Sign Up
« Reply #135 on: January 17, 2016, 04:59:56 PM »
Do you guys race with ABS/TC?
Whereas I leave both on. In longer races, TC may help with tyre wear too, with less sliding.

Nice graphs Marty.  They look fairly close, all up.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 17, 2016, 05:29:17 PM »
I leave them both on and tweak their rates just like another setup option (more TC than ABS).
 :D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 17, 2016, 05:43:25 PM »
TC's too hard to tweak, I reckon. You never know what the default "factory" TC level is, and you can't save it with the setup, so I don't bother.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 17, 2016, 05:53:02 PM »
Just to remind peoples, Traction Control (control T) set at say 1/8 is the strongest TC, whereas 8/8 is a very mild setting of TC.
 :o

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 17, 2016, 06:32:14 PM »
Just to remind peoples, Traction Control (control T) set at say 1/8 is the strongest TC, whereas 8/8 is a very mild setting of TC.
 :o

Doesnt always seem to be the case though, it may be of some use playing around with it. But Id probably setup the car with no TC then maybe once I have it set have a play with the tc options to see if can be better especially over a longer race. I tried some tc at Vallelunga thought and it made it worse to drive and less controllable so better to just use my foot of tc.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 17, 2016, 09:27:17 PM »
Drivers, like cars, have different strengths and weaknesses!!!
 :-X :P :-X

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 18, 2016, 12:14:51 AM »
Running at Brands earlier seemed I needed a bit of tc in all cars there, Vallelunga Im finding TC tends to hurt more then it helps for most of the lap. It would probably be better exiting the hairpin then the fast chicane after as I feel I need to be very careful through there on throttle. With TC at the correct level you could be a bit more aggressive out of both of those.

Offline Bafs17

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 18, 2016, 02:22:45 AM »
Hey Wally, I'll take the BMW Z4 for this season.

Will be in Warrnambool this week so will miss Tuesday night.

Cheers.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 18, 2016, 02:32:22 AM »

Cheers.

Ha. While I'm away you could get into my house and race for me!  Just mind the swing like device suspended from the ceiling.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 18, 2016, 11:23:49 AM »
Hey Wally could you chance my choice to the Nissan GTR? Tried hard to make the Mclaren 650 work but see a future of dive-bombing in the races if i continue to to drive it  ;D

Offline Bafs17

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 18, 2016, 12:52:54 PM »

Cheers.

Ha. While I'm away you could get into my house and race for me!  Just mind the swing like device suspended from the ceiling.

Oh the misses would be pleased with me racing while away. I'll just look for the sexually deviant garden gnomes you've placed at the front of the house. Marty told me they're in leather and fishnets.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 18, 2016, 01:51:38 PM »
Hey Wally could you chance my choice to the Nissan GTR? Tried hard to make the Mclaren 650 work but see a future of dive-bombing in the races if i continue to to drive it  ;D
Done.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 18, 2016, 02:32:45 PM »

Cheers.

Oh the misses would be pleased with me racing while away. I'll just look for the sexually deviant garden gnomes you've placed at the front of the house. Marty told me they're in leather and fishnets.

Last thing you want to do is leave your fingerprints in that house. It also easy to spot as its got a full time undercover surveillance crew out front. Though when GB is out "working" they probably follow him to see if he is bringing home another "friend"  ;D

However if you did go to the sim room youd want to bring your own seat. You may find that all cars on that setup are a couple seconds quicker then at home.  ;)

Offline Chap

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 18, 2016, 06:12:12 PM »
I'd Like to drive around at the back of the field if there is room on the grid for me.

only just sorted my PC/AC/Wheel/BDOS issues so will do some laps and advise my car preference.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 18, 2016, 06:37:50 PM »
I'd Like to drive around at the back of the field if there is room on the grid for me.

only just sorted my PC/AC/Wheel/BDOS issues so will do some laps and advise my car preference.
OK, I've added you.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal