Xtreme Gaming Network

S7R2: Mazda Cup Vallelunga Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S7R2: Mazda Cup Vallelunga Post-Race Chat  (Read 13576 times)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
S7R2: Mazda Cup Vallelunga Post-Race Chat
« on: August 06, 2015, 10:21:53 PM »
Well, a few hiccups with setting up the server but at least we know that a WHITE CAR won!! I stopped the server too soon after race 1 and lost the results, Race 2 results were ok though. I doubt that Phil will remember winning Race 1 anyway??

Race 2 was an experiment with the new ballast. It obviously didn't work because the top 3 were the guys with the ballast! What went wrong there? Congrats to Guybrush (I think someone said his second name was Threepwood?) followed by Phil and then Marty in third.

See you at Spa next Thursday in the Cobra. By the way, the Cobra is fantastic to drive with the new improved AC1.2 FFB.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: S7R2: Mazda Cup Vallelunga Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 07:10:10 AM »
I won race 1 as well.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 07:33:52 AM »
I won race 1 and so did my wife.

I had good fun, but screwed up a few times... both times running into Grubbet, I think - sorry. It was annoying to crash after taking so long to catch up to someone.

It seemed the car was a lot faster than some earlier races, getting to 150, 160.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 08:12:23 AM »
I won that race, my budgie was coaching me!
Really emits the new FFB  the car felt lighter and allowed for better, more presice placement,  well a lot of the time anyway :)
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 08:14:44 AM »
ley, what happened?  Let's hope you have better luck next week with connections.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 10:50:31 AM »
I had a couple of "taps" during last night's racing that would have sent me or the other car flying in previous AC versions. Last night they were simply some paint scrubbing and a nice metal on metal sound :)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 11:27:24 AM »
My good lap times weren't bad but consistency was not there for me. Quite a few mistakes in both races, and like a few people said it's then so hard to catch up. Think most of my mistakes were caused by early downshifts which are a bit lethal in this car.

On one of the races I accidentally changed up into 4th going through the double right hander, but didn't realise as I couldn't hear my own engine, only those of all the cars around me and I lost about 7 places.

I also downshifted too early on the really tight left hand hairpin and lost it causing Wally to hit me, and think somebody hit him. Sorry about that  :o

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2015, 12:01:50 PM »
Joe, sounds like we were both following the same script!   The double right hander was very nice to get correct, but on one occasion selected 5th instead of shift to 3rd and did the wide excursion, that allowed Gratulin to yet again get past!
The early shift certainly pulled the back end around, once or twice it was beneficial...

Sure was happy about weaving my through the early carnage at the right handers and coming out reading names on the tags that are either mystical or legendary to me  ;D
And once settled only a couple of seconds off the best times for the track!

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2015, 01:31:10 PM »
It sounded like I had a bunch of tractors around me when I was in the pack last night.

I still wish the aero effects on top speed from damage weren't as severe.  It really discourages any light contact.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2015, 07:29:04 PM »
I won race 1 and so did my wife.

I had good fun, but screwed a few times... both times running into Grubbet, I think - sorry.

Wow wally getting personal on here now.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2015, 08:00:53 AM »
Life of Brian ;)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2015, 08:31:59 AM »
I just read this description from a motoring journalist of the first generation MX5 roadster, known as the NA (released in 1989). ”Getting after a mountain road in that tiny roadster was nothing but mechanical joy. You could let the car drift fearlessly, pitch the tail around to get the noise pointed right and cane it. It was easy. It was fun. The steering was perfect, like a high price go-kart.”

The mod doesn't really convey that feeling. It just feels sluggish. Maybe the old tyres make it feel more like this.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2015, 08:44:38 AM »
I just read this description from a motoring journalist of the first generation MX5 roadster, known as the NA (released in 1989). ”Getting after a mountain road in that tiny roadster was nothing but mechanical joy. You could let the car drift fearlessly, pitch the tail around to get the noise pointed right and cane it. It was easy. It was fun. The steering was perfect, like a high price go-kart.”

The mod doesn't really convey that feeling. It just feels sluggish. Maybe the old tyres make it feel more like this.
With thought it is lacking some hp. But the NA was underpowered,  and at the time it was unique, nothing like it since the Elan it wads copied from, and think the package may have surprised the writer at that time.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2015, 09:09:26 AM »

That's probably because I accidentally left you with BALLAST  :D

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2015, 09:25:22 AM »
Haha,  love it!

We need more accidents like this :-*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal