Xtreme Gaming Network

S10R1: Silverstone Race Chat

Author Topic: S10R1: Silverstone Race Chat  (Read 46839 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S10R1: Silverstone Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2016, 02:42:24 PM »
The practice server is still at 1xtires and 1xfuel I assume?

If you check stracker it shows the current fuel rate and tyre rate, I had it at 2x fuel and tyres but Wally adjusted it to 1.5x fuel and still 2x tyres.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2016, 03:24:30 PM »

The practice server is still at 1xtires and 1xfuel I assume?

If you check stracker it shows the current fuel rate and tyre rate, I had it at 2x fuel and tyres but Wally adjusted it to 1.5x fuel and still 2x tyres.
That's very useful. I was able to go back and see what the setting was for my long run a couple of nights ago. Also, could see the grip level for all the PBs. Nice.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2016, 02:05:03 PM »
Can`t believe Marty has done 221 laps,i am a bit jealous of his spare time and fitness level :o

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2016, 02:06:41 PM »
Starting to chip away at that server best time in the McLaren Marty :p

Just need 100% grip now to see how the old girl fares ;)

I also put my Lambo setup on Stracker for anyone interested - it will be a handful though to start with.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 08:08:52 PM by Guybrush Threepwood »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2016, 10:15:43 PM »
Starting to chip away at that server best time in the McLaren Marty :p

Just need 100% grip now to see how the old girl fares ;)

I also put my Lambo setup on Stracker for anyone interested - it will be a handful though to start with.

Good to see your chipping away at it, I had only ran 100% grip at the end of 15 lap races so there may be a bit left in the mclaren but I may need it as qualy will likely be in the 2:04's by a few.

I think the mclaren is fairly vulnerable early but it gets better over a longer run and I really havent spent much time on hotlap pace just did race runs mostly which it does quite well on. That short race last nite at 98% grip I was quite happy running 2:06's til the end.

But also main reason I picked a different car is its unlikely I can beat you in the same one, mine may be better at some tracks and worse at others. But in the same car Id be the same few tenths down everywhere.  >:(

Seems my motherboard is dead atm so I am doing a full upgrade and rebuild tomorrow hope to be done in time for the race, as it would suck after picking this car mostly for this track and putting in a few hours of practice to miss the actual race.  :'(

Rolz

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2016, 10:30:57 PM »
Marty that would suck if you can't make it tomorrow with the effort and testing you have done.
I'm sending u all the positive vibes you'll have it all sorted  ;D

I'm really looking forward to racing 30ppl tomorrow!
Will have to bail a JJJ hottest 100 party early to make it...

So worth it  :P

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2016, 10:44:22 PM »
Yea should be great fun no matter the result, being punted out of the race 1 would really be not ideal but not getting a start at all would be worse.

Here are the 2 main gt3 races at silverstone last year. Seems the SVG mclaren kind of got lucky in pit strategy for the easy win in the BES race.

Here is the british gt3 championship race at Silverstone. Won by the same team but different drivers as the BES race.

Here is the pole lap for the nismo gtr at the BES race, though they do use the old pit complex and so t1 is copse corner I dont think that would have any effect on actual lap time. I dont think the AC gt3 tyres are capable of running this pace even at optimum conditions though so pole will be nearly 4 seconds slower for us especially with the lower temps.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 11:26:13 PM by marty »

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2016, 10:45:20 PM »
Sounding good Rolz!!
Plus one to your sentiments regarding the a fore mentioned predicament of this so called Marty chap!
Hope it all comes together Marty, nothing like a fresh build to cleanse the soul!!
Halayoula Brother!!
(I slay a goat for you!! Is all I can do!!)
 :-X :o :-X

Rolz

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2016, 10:56:21 PM »
Wow thanks for sharing that last video Marty!
My race line is way off on some of those corners!

Will have to review and try those lines b4 the race tomoz!!

Epic time for the Nismo... is it because I'm just a wannabe at home that my PB is about 4.5 secs off that time? Or is the track scan different to real life?

So cool to be able to count what gear he's in and where his break points where... really awesome!
Thanks again  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2016, 11:18:10 PM »
The track itself is very acurate the gt3 tyres in AC are a bit slower now I think which is where the time difference is. Race laps they were still doing 2:02's and considering they either have a full tank with good tyres or low fuel on worn tyres this explains the pace difference between qualy and race on the same tyres mostly due to fuel load for the blancpain race.

Ive attached the comparison between GB and my lap to show how different the mclaren 650 and lambo are. Its quite amazing the laptimes are quite close. But get a track with more straights that lambo will be way out of my reach.

My lap t2 the fast sweeping left I think I got very loose and probably cost a few tenths. Shows the 650 has the cornering edge but the lambo has some proper grunt.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 11:22:34 PM by marty »

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2016, 11:23:35 PM »
The way the guy in the Nismo takes the first couple of slow corners certainly isn't the quickest way in AC.  I would like to see some other pole laps there to see if they all do that or whether it might have been due to the car/setup/track at the time.

Something more like this:

[Bird edited: no youtube tags, mate!]
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 09:06:55 AM by Bird »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2016, 11:33:25 PM »
It actually looks like Alex made a mistake into that section and missed the apex for the slow right and ended up quite wide then also very narrow into the left.

Here is another driver in the Nismo also talking about his line around the lap.

Here is a few laps in the race from 2014

« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 11:40:11 PM by marty »

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2016, 02:02:26 AM »
Here are the 2 main gt3 races at silverstone last year. Seems the SVG mclaren kind of got lucky in pit strategy for the easy win in the BES race.

Some of that driving would have one banned from the server  :o   Hopefully AC's contact physics would improve to allow the bumping in the future.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2016, 07:36:47 AM »

Here is a few laps in the race from 2014

I love how close the driving is in AC. The line's exactly the same, the gear changes are all the same. He's much smoother than I am though. I have more oversteer corrections - he only has one guick flick of the wheel that I saw. A lot of that probably comes down to having a much heavier throttle pedal in the real car, which allows more gradual application. It's much harder to apply smooth throttle on my light sim pedal, resulting in oversteer.

Good luck with your PC Marty! I hope you can get it sorted, and much more reliable, in time.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2016, 08:48:47 AM »
marty, you are the master of the understatement... "...and putting in a few hours of practice..."

Watching the footage, I would love the BMW to have that sort of relaxed turn in, with minimal input, man, I don't expect to be in the low 2s, but it is such hard work get it around turns... I am running out adjustment strategies, been doing a lot of short offline runs, but I still do not have the knack.
I think I am going to be a speed hump, and will always get out of the way, but remember:

I am SLOW, I brake EARLY and I am SLOW!

ps I will exit if it gets to bad.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal