Xtreme Gaming Network

S43R8 - Anneau du Rhin

Author Topic: S43R8 - Anneau du Rhin  (Read 6565 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S43R8 - Anneau du Rhin
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2022, 10:41:55 PM »
Congratulations to Brad on winning the round, and to Joe for taking out the championship, winning 12 out of the 24 races.

Championship Podium
1. Joe, 350
2. Wally, 309
3. bradc, 304

Season Stats
Most wins: Joe, 12
Most podiums: Joe, 18
Most poles: Joe. 11
Most fastest laps: Joe, 16
Most consistent: AGK & Wally
Hunter: Joe
Hunted: Freezer
Busiest: Wally
Loneliest: Mael

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2022, 10:42:02 PM »
I got the Covids... been feeling a bit shit since Friday but not that bad, decided to test today and its positive. I may race tonight will see how I feel. Pretty sure 60 points ahead I can miss the round and nobody can beat me anyway?
Well at least its not Man Flu!  Get well . . . :)

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2022, 11:14:56 PM »
Win for Freezer in last race, building up momentum for next season.

Congrats Joe for the trophy. You and Brad were a class above.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2022, 08:13:33 AM »
Thanks. Was a shame to miss the last round. Hopefully be feeling better for next week.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2022, 01:20:51 PM »
Thanks. Was a shame to miss the last round. Hopefully be feeling better for next week.
Yeah, the track wasn't bad. Despite being quite twisty, we were getting faster and faster with times coming down from the 20's to the 18's, so it was the kind of track where time could be found.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2022, 02:53:42 PM »
That wasn’t a bad night in the end despite my criticisms of the layout. I really detested that infield section,  yet that was in the end where I found bucketloads of time. What I found easier through there (& this was completely by accident) was that if I gave the car oversteer and controlled it with the throttle it actually rotated much better than if I was trying to be precise with the power. In the end I found myself sliding around a lot of the track (apart from the chicane) and that was where I found all my speed. It felt like I was driving the car like an old Trans-Am monster and that was a lot of fun.

For most of the races I was able to bide my time and capitalise on the mistakes of others but in race 3 it was me being impatient which resulted in my Space shuttle impression at turn 5. I kept getting too close to Freezer in the mid corner to exit phase and eventually after many near misses, I had to avoid punting him and went too far left onto the grass and the embankment became a massive jump ramp….if only these things had a dukes of hazards horn!

Congratulations to Joe on his dominant season! Despite the efforts it’s been bloody tough trying to keep up and in reality I lost too many points by dumb mistakes in first half of the season to put any real pressure on him. Well done to Wally, despite my efforts I still could not steel 2nd from you. Thanks for another great season on sone very interesting tracks.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2022, 04:06:54 PM »
Thanks for another great season on sone very interesting tracks.

That was the standout from the season for me. Some very good tracks selected by Wally.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal