Xtreme Gaming Network

S13R1: Paul Ricard WTCC race chat

Author Topic: S13R1: Paul Ricard WTCC race chat  (Read 16751 times)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
Re: S13R1: Paul Ricard WTCC race chat
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2016, 11:59:14 AM »
Paul Ricard I think is one of the better tracks in terms of markers, they have measured markers on both sides of the track and this is what I use.

Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but do the longer sweeping corners have them? I don't remember seeing any last night.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2016, 05:42:06 PM »
The problem corners on a single screen are the slow ones, on any track.  It's because you are turning in after the apex has disappeared from your view, so really you are turning ING in blind.  T4 at Silverstone is particularly bad for this, but just about every track has this issue.

The other issue is that when you are right behind someone you literally can't see anything and have to pretty much guess where you are on track - depending on your FOV.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2016, 06:07:47 PM »
Paul Ricard I think is one of the better tracks in terms of markers, they have measured markers on both sides of the track and this is what I use.

Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but do the longer sweeping corners have them? I don't remember seeing any last night.

I just took another look and the longer corners dont have any specific distance markers, what I use is start or end of curbs and there are also little white marks every 50m or so all the way around the track. But Im just using curbs mostly for brake reference in all these but they are corners with multiple possible lines and different ways to approach them all. I change my line a fair bit depending if I am trying to pass, running solo or trying not to let someone else pass in all these corners.

The single screen issue will be a problem but even on triples following closely with my low FOV I really cant see much and in this case Im looking for reference points further away from the track.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2016, 10:07:51 PM »
This was my praccy session tonight  :D

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2016, 10:19:31 PM »
awwwww
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2016, 08:54:42 AM »

For some reason I'd imagined you to be much taller.  ;) ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2016, 11:51:50 AM »

Not sure how he reaches the pedals.  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2016, 12:49:57 PM »

Lol
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2016, 01:12:18 PM »
aww, I have gone all "Grandpa-ish"
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2016, 02:18:16 PM »
Wally for the race server you may want to limit tyres to just Semi Slicks as the practice server had this and so people that saved a setup in there will by default get tyre 1 I think  and this will be street tyres. I really cant see anyone wanting to use street tyres on purpose, though if we have a declared wet race maybe this could be an option for street tyres too along with low grip.  ;)

I think you may also want to take a look at the dynamic track grip defaults in the acserver launcher, the lap gain numbers have been increased quite a lot, this would avoid the track getting to 100% so quick as it usually does. If we have 24 people in then higher lap gain numbers will slow the track grip build up, I dont think street cars will have the same track evolution as F1 cars which is pretty much what the older numbers of aroun30-40 were where it gained 1% every lap or so completed by the field.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 02:21:42 PM by marty »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2016, 02:47:39 PM »
Yes, I already have semislicks only allowed.

I think I have grip increase set to 30, which means 24 cars will increase the grip by 0.8. It will take 6 or so laps to get from 95 to 100%.  I might stretch it out a bit.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2016, 03:15:40 PM »
One thing I noticed that may make some people do a rain dance is the GTR is much better the lower the grip level is, at 100% its probably one of the weaker cars but under 98% it doesn't loose too much compare to others. If we ever got rain then I think it may be a bit unfair to the others and the main reason they all complained about the GTR's in group A because the AWD in rain it was unbeatable.

I think this also explains why the earlier ballast tests showed it still a bit behind the rx7 and 370 but once lower grip came in then it got a fair bit stronger. The 370 really feels the pain with lower grip levels, its a bit too heavy and slow off the line and also into braking and the less grip the slower it gets. The GTR is slow at apexes no matter the grip level but it gets so much more traction out of corners especially slower ones that it has a fair advantage over the others in the lower grip slow corners.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2016, 03:26:43 PM »
Quick question; is auto-clutch allowed? I've injured my left knee and if I can't use auto-clutch I'll probably have to sit out the first round (at least).

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2016, 03:38:43 PM »
Quick question; is auto-clutch allowed? I've injured my left knee and if I can't use auto-clutch I'll probably have to sit out the first round (at least).

Yeah, I used it all the time as can't really use the clutch pedal either.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2016, 03:48:14 PM »
Cheers Joe

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal