Xtreme Gaming Network

Bucket list: future season ideas

Author Topic: Bucket list: future season ideas  (Read 82484 times)

Offline christopheraser

• View Profile
Re: Bucket list: future season ideas
« Reply #105 on: February 02, 2016, 10:08:26 AM »
Just a thought from my jet lagged brain. How about a full distance race in the Lotus 98t at Spa or somewhere similar. I think picking the right boost settings for economy will make for exciting racing.

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 02, 2016, 10:42:25 AM »
Just a thought from my jet lagged brain. How about a full distance race in the Lotus 98t at Spa or somewhere similar. I think picking the right boost settings for economy will make for exciting racing.

What about half distance and 2X fuel? I'd love to drive this car......for a while. :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 02, 2016, 10:53:52 AM »
If your going for longer races I wouldnt go half distance and any multiplier. Full distance f1 races would be quite fun and may get some interest. What is a regular f1 race I think about 300km?

You could start with all the official cars first with a one off race in each of these so you have lotus 49, lotus 25, lotus 72 vs ferrari 312t, lotus 98t then there is the exos s1 for a more modern f1 car.

The 98T would be quite fun to deal with fuel boost and damage. Just wonder how many would finish the race but back when that was racing less then half the field ever finished races anyway.

It could be something on a non GP sunday evening at the circuit being raced next. Though some of the f1 circuits in ac are fairly crappy conversions so only do that if there is a good one or an official circuit.

Offline christopheraser

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 02, 2016, 10:54:13 AM »

What about half distance and 2X fuel? I'd love to drive this car......for a while. :)
The whole point for me in mentioning this was doing a full distance race. I love doing races of 90 minutes plus. I think it's the true test of a racer. You don't have to look very far to find people doing what are essentially sprint events.

I always find hard long races give me the most satisfaction to finish.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 10:59:17 AM by christopheraser »

Offline christopheraser

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 02, 2016, 10:56:11 AM »
If your going for longer races I wouldnt go half distance and any multiplier. Full distance f1 races would be quite fun and may get some interest. What is a regular f1 race I think about 300km?

They are 300km plus one lap, although they were longer in the 80's. Bernie shortened them to the current figure for TV, although I'm not sure what year exactly.

They would still be quicker than most grand prix as there is no chance of a safety car in AC.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 10:57:45 AM by christopheraser »

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 02, 2016, 05:30:20 PM »
I used to like doing full F1 races but that was before my knees gave out.
I'll be hobbling all day on the 17th Feb. after a 1 hour race. :(
I doubt I'd be able to get out of the cockpit after 90mins+ now. :( :(

2+2=√16

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 02, 2016, 06:07:46 PM »
Yeah. That's why I was quite interested in an endurance race with multiple drivers. 30 minutes stints are about my limit. Perhaps we could allow single driver teams where they 'simulate' the driver swap via a compulsory pit stop.

Rolz

« Reply #112 on: February 02, 2016, 06:17:17 PM »
Yeah. That's why I was quite interested in an endurance race with multiple drivers. 30 minutes stints are about my limit. Perhaps we could allow single driver teams where they 'simulate' the driver swap via a compulsory pit stop.

Apparently RF2 give u proper team driving... That would be epic if AC ever got that  ;D

I do struggle with RSI in the wrists after a long race...
Walk around at home looking like Monty Burns...
Muttering "Excellent"

Sadly my wife never gets the joke *sigh*
And I'm bald too  :P

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 02, 2016, 06:20:40 PM »

They are 300km plus one lap, although they were longer in the 80's. Bernie shortened them to the current figure for TV, although I'm not sure what year exactly.

They would still be quicker than most grand prix as there is no chance of a safety car in AC.

I think the current rule is the minimum number of laps to get over 305km (which is in almost all cases exactly the same as you said, of course), with an exception for Monaco. As for the past, I had a look and there seems to have been a huge variance, from 200 to 500km. In the 80s, looking at the Belgian Grand Prix only, the average seems to be slightly shorter than today (290-300km). I do not remember when the 2 hours limit was introduced, but it was surely already there when I was a kid, so I venture into thinking it was there by the mid-80s.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2016, 07:47:12 PM »
Some evenly matched car combos for consideration (subject to tyre compatibility). I like the "optional car swap half way" format, but I might add a catch that it costs a certain number of championship points to change cars.

Edit: just checked the tyres, and they're all fairly compatible, except for "Historic 1" where there are a whole range of different tyres, but these can be restricted to only the compatible ones.

Track Day
KTM X-Bow vs Lotus 2 Eleven (semislicks)

Historic 1
Ferrari F40 (St,St90,SS) vs Ford GT40 (V) vs BMW M3 E30 DTM (Slick S,M,H 90s) vs RUF CTR Yellowbird  (St,St90,SS)
Difficult cars to drive.

Historic 2
Audi Sport Quattro Step 1 (StV,St,SS) vs Lamborghini Countach (Pir,St,SS)

Lotus
Lotus Exige 240R Stage 3 (St,SS) vs Lotus Exige V6 Cup (St,SS)

BMW Battle 1
BMW M4 (St,SS) vs BMW M3 E92 Step 1 (St,SS) vs BMW 1M Stage 3 (St,SS)
M4 might be a bit fast, but this could be a handicap, with bottom half of previous round points getting the M4, and the top half the M3. These cars are good fun, getting a bit sideways.

BMW Battle 2
BMW M3 E92 (St,SS)  vs BMW 1M (St,SS)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 12:50:28 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2016, 08:18:46 PM »
I wouldnt mind a single make series with possible 2 race format with regular qualy race 1 and full reverse grid for a slightly longer race 2.

A good car for this and very different to what weve run so far could be the abarth 500 assetto corsa.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 20, 2016, 11:22:11 PM »
Yep, there's a plethora of single makes that would be good too.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Jockulation

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 21, 2016, 01:58:40 AM »
GT-86 series.

Almost no setup changes can be made, so it becomes a pure driver's championship not reliant on a finely tuned setup.

Edit: Quick question, do you have to answer the Verification questions every time you post?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 02:04:31 AM by Jockulation »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 21, 2016, 07:44:30 AM »
GT-86 series.

Almost no setup changes can be made, so it becomes a pure driver's championship not reliant on a finely tuned setup.

Edit: Quick question, do you have to answer the Verification questions every time you post?
Only for the first few posts, I think. And hello, by the way. Welcome back. :)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 07:54:38 AM by Wally »

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 21, 2016, 08:49:00 AM »
GT-86 series.

Yep, love the GT86 but we can also set servers to fixed setup if we need to.  You can make a fair difference with the setup on the GT86.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal