Xtreme Gaming Network

S44R4 - SUGO West - NOVEMBER 8

Author Topic: S44R4 - SUGO West - NOVEMBER 8  (Read 8326 times)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
Re: S44R4 - SUGO West - NOVEMBER 8
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2022, 02:12:38 PM »
I seemed to find a bit of pace by not sliding much, trying to maintain as much throttle as possible without sliding. I tried slow entry, to get the power down from the apex.

x2!

It took a while for me to starting doing something similar, but these cars now need a totally different approach. There seemed to be a lot of understeer but that could also be me entering the corner way too fast!

This is what I was doing initially. You kind of needed to do that before, but now sliding around like that costs time.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2022, 04:13:37 PM »
So I decided I need a new wheel. The current one feels a bit like what my Lada used to be like around the centre-point, Well that's my excuse for being slow  ;D

But there's nothing available, all the wheels seems to be on pre-order or very expensive!  :(

So any suggestions for places to look?
Fanatec announced today that the Podium Racing Wheel F1 is on sale for $1999.95 (down from $2799.90) due to delays in the CSL DD base.
I'ms still trying to scrounge up some coin. 8)

I seemed to find a bit of pace by not sliding much, trying to maintain as much throttle as possible without sliding. I tried slow entry, to get the power down from the apex.

x2!

It took a while for me to starting doing something similar, but these cars now need a totally different approach. There seemed to be a lot of understeer but that could also be me entering the corner way too fast!
My setup from last night is attached.
I lowered the front tyre pressures and raised the rears to regain some of the oversteer, twitchyness of the prior version.

2+2=√16

Offline Scott_Racer

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2022, 07:52:08 PM »
Man that is a good price for the Podium F1, wheel and dd1 base for $2k.

If the budget couldn’t stretch that far I’d seriously consider a moza r9, but I would be trying to make that budget stretch for that podium f1 deal, I’ve never seen it that cheap.

I’m good at spending other people’s money though….I’ll stick with my thrustmaster ts300r until it breaks.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2022, 09:01:46 PM »
I’m good at spending other people’s money though….I’ll stick with my thrustmaster ts300r until it breaks.

You should take a look at https://hrsims.com/ then. Brett has some pretty nice gear and it’s all Australian engineered and made!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal