Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 3 Date: March 24th Great Wall Race 1 = 1 hour

Author Topic: Round 3 Date: March 24th Great Wall Race 1 = 1 hour  (Read 11297 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Round 3 Date: March 24th Great Wall Race 1 = 1 hour
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2016, 03:38:18 AM »
Ha, like the marquee text. Note to self...
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2016, 09:39:57 AM »
I need to learn to cope with pressure,  starting first and with GB last I knew it would be close by the end. It was the most pressure I have had in a race for some reason.  But i just made every mistake possible and generally drove poorly and could not do laps near my best.  Need more practice leading, it doesnt happen often enough to be comfortable with it :)
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2016, 09:50:19 AM »
Could we consider dispensing with Blue Flag rules on Thursdays? Even as an experiment for a couple of rounds. Would add to the "randomness" and would also mean that lapped cars could still enjoy proper racing. Given that we experiment with both car mods and track mods on Thursdays it may be a good way to alleviate the "pain" of falling into "holes" or just silly mistakes made due to lack of proactive on a particular combo.

I think a few drivers last night would have enjoyed it if they could have re-joined in the middle of the pack and just enjoyed some close racing regardless of outcome.

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2016, 10:07:25 AM »
I decree that Blue flags do not exist on Thursday nights,  you are racing who ever is around you in what ever position they are in, there is nothing stopping you letting cars past if not feeling comfortable, and surely that is a good way to help learn race craft for those of us who usually find them self lapping alone

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2016, 10:35:53 AM »
well done to Guy for a pretty awesome drive through the pack

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2016, 01:03:56 PM »
well done to Guy for a pretty awesome drive through the pack

Thanks, but I think I took the casual, fun nature of Thursday nights a little too flippantly as I accidentally ran into a couple of people.  Apologies to whoever I cleaned up.  Oh and I got a few cuts as well.  I probably sure practice a bit before hand.

Good fun night though, and an interesting track.  I found the quality of the textures and objects very good.  The mountains in the background look spectacular.  However the layout itself was pretty average I thought - it's basically a match-stick with chicanes.  Too many slow corners for my liking :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal