Xtreme Gaming Network

In case you didn't notice...

Author Topic: In case you didn't notice...  (Read 7384 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
In case you didn't notice...
« on: January 29, 2016, 08:33:34 PM »
In the race results, I now show when people pitted and what they did (when you click on the racer name):

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: In case you didn't notice...
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 08:42:03 PM »
I noticed this on some but found it funny when I pitted in race 2 it didnt mention I changed tyres even though I went from mediums to softs in the tyres column.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 09:18:14 PM »
Subtle subterfuge Wally, just to show that Marty hit Guybrush on lap 12. ;) ;D 8)

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 09:19:31 PM »
Subtle subterfuge Wally, just to show that Marty hit Guybrush on lap 12. ;) ;D 8)

So subtle he even put it under Stan's name. :)

Here is my race, never mind that cut business but notice I had medium tyres then went to soft and it just says I pitted but never changed tyres. They must have just happened, not sure if it says if someone stops but makes no change which would be nice to see. But after seeing how much time I lost to GB that race intending not to stop and going softs at the end just to make sure I could keep freezer away no tyres would be much slower then stopping at any point and getting tyres. Tyre stop is worth about 6 seconds and I would have pretty much got this back the last 2 laps going by my pace before the stop. If stopping for mediums best to stop sooner before the tyres go off as this is what cost both Stan and I this race.

I wonder if Wally could code this in a way to detect when the pit limiter is active and that way show the actual time spent in pit lane, a stopped time would be great too but just seeing total time on pit limiter would be very handy to see who gained or lost time on the stop or if most were fairly consistant.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 09:28:43 PM by marty »

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 10:39:40 PM »
I think even if your strategy had panned out Marty you wouldn't have been able to pass due to the speed difference.  You probably would have been better off pitting earlier on Mediums and getting some free track, hopefully, and then hope to jump me on fresher rubber and hold on at the end with more worn tyres.

The other option may have been to start on softs,  pit after a lap or two, then hope by the time you catch everyone else it is time for them to pit.  More of a risky strategy though as you'd still have to get past at the start, however probably more likely with cold tyres and full fuel.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 11:31:09 PM »
I'll look at why it didn't detect the tyre change for Marty. What looks funny there is that it thinks you have softs on lap 13 already, when you only pitted on lap 13.

It is possible to track time spent with pit limiter on, but you can drive in pit lane below 80, with the pit limiter off, but people are unlikely to do that.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2016, 08:14:13 AM »
I assume my pit box was before the start line so it would have changed tyres before I crossed to finish lap 13 and so this registers the tyres you finish the lap on.

GB its clear that strategy didnt work race 2 and wasnt great on race 1 either but worked better there. Being nearly a second per lap down in race 2 the laps before the stop just took away my options. I planned the undercut first but was too far back to gain there. Then intended the no tyre stop but lost way too much time before stopping so the only strategy that would have worked race 2 for me. Is if you made a mistake or I went faster and neither happened lol.

At Imola I have been able to pass some Audi's so I think more atrategy options if you can actually get around other cars.

Rolz

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2016, 08:25:50 AM »
At Imola I have been able to pass some Audi's so I think more atrategy options if you can actually get around other cars.

Poorly driven Audi's  :P
With a gut load of beers I was a menace - mostly to myself

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2016, 08:43:46 AM »

Poorly driven Audi's  :P
With a gut load of beers I was a menace - mostly to myself

I didnt count the passes made while your Audi was in a wall/spinning or mid beer consumption (most passes ;D)

But being able to pass cars into t1 is promising unless you guys for some reason were running max aero.

At silverstone in practice or races I never passed any car that didnt make a mistake even if I was 2 sec per lap faster I had no way past.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2016, 10:18:02 AM »
Hmmm, I'll have to jump on and give the Huracan a try, maybe tonight or tomorrow.  I've never enjoyed setting up for Imola as you need something to cope with the curbs but in cars like the Huracan the stiffer suspension, or extra height kills the already poor cornering.

Do we have a link to Stracker in the main Imola thread?

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2016, 11:08:11 AM »
GB: I think you can use the link Marty gave for the other race, http://52.62.71.102:50041/lapstat?currservers=acserver

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2016, 11:40:33 AM »
Excellent, I gots to be a test case!! From my best race eva!! (*peers over keyboard looking for the 'print screen then enlarge picture and hang it on the wall in a glowing neon frame' button :D

I agree with GB about setting up the car for Imola after Silverstone. Having to hit the curbs on some corners means I've had to do some heavy twerking... er I mean tweaking, from Silverstone (especially rollbars). Good challenge!!  :D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2016, 03:19:17 PM »
I assume my pit box was before the start line so it would have changed tyres before I crossed to finish lap 13 and so this registers the tyres you finish the lap on.
This should be fixed with PLP 1.8. What happens is that there is only a small pit box window where AC tells an app that you're in your pit box - and that small window is smaller than where your pit stop actually registers (duhhhhh). So first, AC says "You've changed your tyres". Then, when you drive off, through what AC regards as your pit box, AC says "Now you've pitted".
Anyway, fixed in PLP 1.8.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal