Xtreme Gaming Network

S8R1: Imola post-race chat

Author Topic: S8R1: Imola post-race chat  (Read 37842 times)

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
Re: S8R1: Imola post-race chat
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2015, 08:53:47 AM »
Good fun!!  i love this car!!  First race was a blast i really enjoyed
Race 2 i had a fantastic start and huge fun through the first few corners but then i saw(i think)  stand daam going wide at "Piratella" we were in pair until "acque minerali" i gave all the space in the world,as usual,but it was not enough and i ended being pushed on the grass.I retired after that for lack of commitment  lolol
Is it possibles to have  the replay of the first lap of the 2nd race?     Great race guys see you next week!!!!

« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 06:14:12 PM by Simone »

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2015, 09:00:20 AM »
I was watching at the time and it did appear to me that Bafs was passed before the line due to running out of fuel.

It's all politics, GB. It's all politics! Wally is actually Stan Daam's manager, you know? How does this relate to Bafs? Well, Stan Daam's sponsor: Golden Yellow Ltd., is trying to sign Bafs up, and they are putting pressure on Wally, who's in troubles in the Netherlands because of an alleged bribe to add pit stalls at Zandvoort. And Golden Yellow being from Rotterdam, they have contacts there... The Daily Mirror also hinted that Casillo himself might be involved with Wally, although no official charges have been moved yet. And that is why he knows he can't ever laser-scan Zandvoort.

It's all a big intrigue, GB. Stay out of this. Stay clean!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 09:07:08 AM by grat »

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2015, 09:04:20 AM »
Rolz: I propose a truce! Let's team up, stop fighting each other, and focus on keeping StanDaam behind ;)

lol sure! Just old StanDaam is usually closer to the front... So it was most enjoyable to tussle for places with him.  :D

Deal! Let's look for skins/liveries/whatever they are called and find a name, then. :) Any idea?

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2015, 09:19:05 AM »
Ha ha!! Excellent write ups  ;D

Had some schweeet races last night. Race 1, man that was a hard fought battle for 4th!! A last minute decision to run the softs worked out really well for me. Had a good duel with Simone and then an epic struggle with Skaife for the last 5 laps or so. Great tight racing  :D

Race 2 was another good one, as Grat n Rolz mentioned, great fight between us 3. Heaps of fun  :P. Looks like a team has been born!! Awesome stuff  ;D

@ Simone I don't recall anything too bad at the start of race 2 (other than me running off the freakin road!!), will check replay.

@ Joe, will have to have a look at some setups!!  :D

Rolz

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2015, 09:36:50 AM »
Rolz: I propose a truce! Let's team up, stop fighting each other, and focus on keeping StanDaam behind ;)

lol sure! Just old StanDaam is usually closer to the front... So it was most enjoyable to tussle for places with him.  :D

Deal! Let's look for skins/liveries/whatever they are called and find a name, then. :) Any idea?

Can't pm u as ur mailbox is full :P

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2015, 09:45:24 AM »
Nice one grat. I like your style  8)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2015, 09:49:18 AM »

Can't pm u as ur mailbox is full :P
Looks like the inbox capacity is only 1 message. I deleted it now. :)

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2015, 10:02:56 AM »
Race 1: Got a good start into the lead ahead of GB but it quickly became apparent that I had too much aero to keep him behind lol, every little straight id just watch gb rage up beside me which made for a good first few laps of side by side action. But all my defence would be in vein as soon as we got to the main straight as gb just flew past lol and thats where i stayed trying to keep up with his solid pace.

Race 2: Got another good start jumping jeremy this time into p3, but i couldnt challenge gb or marty with my aero setup having to over drive in the turns lol, went slightly wide on the exit of t1 with jeremy on my tail who was running slightly less aero for this race which seemed to work for him so i let him go past into the 2nd chicane as he had a better chance attacking the leaders. A lap latter there was a lag issue where i saw jeremy vanish with just his name remaining so as you do i decided to keep driving into his name lol turns out jeremy has one tough name! and it sent me into the weeds back down to 11th. With a little damage I put the hammer down and started my charge through the field which was good fun eventually coming back to 4th which is probably where i would of finished anyway with my car so at least i had fun doing it lol
do you even motorsports?

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2015, 10:29:04 AM »
Race one, refer to signature.
Race two, refer to signature.
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline christopheraser

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2015, 11:31:32 AM »
Qual went ok, well better than expected for 8th. I felt swamped by GTC's who hadn't quite reached their potential over a hot lap during the first lap or so and my tyre pressures were way too low. I tried to give room, but my car felt completely alien to the one I had just been practising and it was a struggle to leave room and make it around the apex at times. I got tangled in someone else's incident at Aqua Minerali on lap two, which gave Joe a run to the Variante Alta, he hit me on the second apex, even after I completely gave him the first apex, no redress. My race was pretty tedious from here, another small spin put me way down the field.

Needless to say I was glad we got to qual again for race 2 and I found myself in eighth position again. Went wheel to wheel with Skaife at Villeneuve, but he had the inside and the better run. This also allowed Stan past me at Tosa. The rest opening lap was having GTC's that hadn't quite made the cut during qual breathing down my neck again. I was a little more prepared this time and increased pressures slightly for the start. Grats pass at the Piratella, was nearly the end of my race. I gave him plenty of room through a corner I would not call a passing opportunity and he still managed to tag me. This gave Simone an outside run on me going down to Aqua Minerali, I took the inside line around the corner and received a bump as I was exiting the corner and was immediately passed by Rolz, at the time I thought Rolz had knocked me as he went by, but looking at the replay Simone was off the track wide on the exit and we touched as he was trying to rejoin the track. Apologies mate I knew you were out there somewhere and gave as much room as I could. I think a little more patience would have been the best way to avoid this incident though. Around the outside at Aqua is not really a passing opportunity even if the car has got a bad exit from the Piratella, you want to have that move sorted before your turn in for Aqua at the very least. Most of my race was a time battle with Wally, he got close to me after the first lap even forcing me to go a little defensive into turn one on lap two, but I was able to pull away over the fist stint and that was really it. Finished in eighth, which is where I qualified so potential achieved I guess =)

There is going to be a lot of chaotic first laps in this series I feel. I felt like some guys in GTC's were really pushing their luck with some of the early race passes. If you qualify your GTC poorly please be patient over the first lap or so, the GX is a bit of a handful until you get some pressure into the rears. You have the pace advantage over us, be patient and make the move in a safe spot. I will be taking numbers and returning the favours when I get my shot in a GTC if it continues.

Well done to the winners, thanks for the racing and see you all next week.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 11:40:52 AM by christopheraser »

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2015, 11:39:23 AM »
Race 1 was dominated by a battle with Rob towards the end.
I could make no head way until he made a small mistake at Aqua Minerali, allow me to pass into Variante Alta.
Could have been a better finish without two spins, though.

Race 2 was improved with a couple of positions made up through the pit stop sequence and a satisfying battle with Gratulin. ;)

I wish you'd reconsider the 2nd qualifying session Wally, I suck at qually. :o :(

2+2=√16

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2015, 11:42:37 AM »
Hi Christopher. I am sorry you felt my pass was unfair. After race I checked my replay as I wanted to be sure I was not unfair there. For all I can see, I entered the corner clean, stayed completely on the inside line throughout the pass, and we touched when your front wheel was half a car behind mine. Also, from the replay it seems that there was plenty more space on the outside and that you turned into the inside line while I was there.

I am very sorry you felt I was not fair. As it might well be possible that my interpretation of the replay is wrong, I apologize.

Cheers!

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2015, 11:59:21 AM »
I didn't expect to do very well here as I hadn't had much time to practice other than a little stint with Marty and co. where we were more preoccupied with seeing how much ballast we could fit in, lol.

Race 1.  Got a really poor start - I put it into first but had a second twitch of the finger which then put it in second.  Matthew got past so I followed him for a bit and zipped by on the straight as it was evident I was running with less wing.  It was very close racing up until then and I think there was only a coat of paint between us at times.

Race 2.  Got a great start and managed to get into second just behind Marty - the Achilles Heels boys 1 and 2.  I had 75kg of ballast which was killing me a bit.  Jeremy was right behind so it was fun being the rear gunner and trying to hold Jeremy at bay while Marty was flying around in front.  I got a bit close to Marty into the tight chicane and had to take avoiding action which allowed Jeremy right beside me and we went side by side through the last 2 corners.  Pitted on lap 8 with Jeremy and came out in front still.  Marty then pitted and came out just in front of me again so it was situation resumed.  I had a couple of cracks at him but just couldn't pull it off as whenever Marty got a decent exit out of a corner I knew I wouldn't be able to do much because of the ballast.

Was a really fun race and night.

Cheers.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2015, 01:13:41 PM »
Just 1 thing id like to say could people please try and avoid getting into full discussions at the end of qualy.

Now that AC lets you finish the lap, the entire session I had my usual luck with traffic and aborted my lap with a couple minutes to go. Hoping to time it and get a crack at the last lap just in time.

I nailed it making the line with 1 second to go and had nobody infront for half the track. Was .4 up on my PB to tosa so mid 45 then everyone got talking and I lost 1.5 seconds to the last turn without a major error just unable to concentrate at all. Its the most important lap of all at the end of qual so I think I will just look into mapping ts mute for next time. It was real quiet all session too especially early when it really doesnt matter with an evolving track which made the extra noise stand out even more.

Offline christopheraser

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2015, 01:49:46 PM »
Hi Christopher. I am sorry you felt my pass was unfair. After race I checked my replay as I wanted to be sure I was not unfair there. For all I can see, I entered the corner clean, stayed completely on the inside line throughout the pass, and we touched when your front wheel was half a car behind mine. Also, from the replay it seems that there was plenty more space on the outside and that you turned into the inside line while I was there.

I am very sorry you felt I was not fair. As it might well be possible that my interpretation of the replay is wrong, I apologize.

Cheers!

I have always raced with the attitude that it's the passing cars responsibility to pull it off safely, it's a rule I picked up here many years ago and it has served me well. I gave you more than a cars width on the inside and it still wasn't enough. The fact of the matter is you would not have got the position without the bump and that's what I am unhappy about. You had a car advantage over me and you still felt the need to push your case through a fast tight corner, that really only has one line on lap one of a 17 lap race...

At the end of the day rubbing is racing and no harm no fowl. Just giving my opinion on the events.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal