Xtreme Gaming Network

S13R7: Magione Race Chat

Author Topic: S13R7: Magione Race Chat  (Read 16697 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S13R7: Magione Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2016, 09:35:17 AM »
I noticed the server seemed to be pretty poor standard even though it was fairly full, now the XGN.com.au tuesday practice server is just MR A and the league whitelist. According to /MR server it is working at A only filtering so I dont see why it wouldnt work.

It isn't helped by people with really high pings hanging around either. Had to be real careful around Cobra as he was warping a fair bit.

Yea that cobra guy had a huge ping and was warpy. But in general around anyone I dont know or looks a bit sketchy I am extra carefull in traffic.

There is no way to set ping limits on a server which is still an odd choice. Most solid connections to about 350 can be ok but he was around 450 and not real stable. I didnt see enough of him but to actually kick him.

Making the server open to A only for the public should avoid some of the carnage but still it ahows AB is greatly improved over ABCN at the same track.

Check the contacts in one of the races last night. Only really the 3 at the end of the list were the issue and I think onky cobra avoided the kick.

http://52.65.162.16:50041/sessiondetails?sessionid=8200#

Conpare that to the one in my beginners server at ABCN, I took that server down as it was such a mess.

http://52.65.162.16:50041/sessiondetails?sessionid=6554#

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2016, 09:39:24 AM »
Yeah it was a bit like bumper cars there for a while. Got taken out quite a few times, then after a pileup people were so eager to get going they were just barging through or making unsafe entries.

Interesting to see people that are much quicker than me at hot lapping have no idea how to race with others.

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2016, 09:40:06 AM »
I can't talk too much, I caused a pile up when I spun out getting too greedy on the throttle.... :-[ ::)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2016, 09:43:30 AM »
XGN members get benefit of the doubt though  ;)

I did run headlong into that pileup, thought i was gonna get through, but t-boned ltd

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2016, 09:51:33 AM »
LOL..I felt it going real early but with no TS I couldn't warn anyone.  :) I just had to hang on and hope....That didn't work out well.... ::)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2016, 10:35:39 AM »
I came across the sideways slideways doing a pretty solid attempt at a road block. 90 degress to the track smack in the middle with full field behind.

Thats always an issue and I noticed many seem to react as if theyve consumed half a slab, being a bit later in evening this is quite likely.  ;D

For things like this is where I think a safety car app of aorts would be good. People should try to slow and avoid piling into the accident but doing so will lose lots of time to the leaders. Which is the reason many go in full speed and just hope to get through.

For league racing if there is a big accident it would be good if we could call a safety car and then run a lap or 2 behind it until the field bunches up again. That would possibly help avoid turning a small single car spin into a bug pile up if all know best to just avoid damage rather then try to lose the least amount of time possible.

I saw Stan had sone OSRW app that does safety cars in some way so it may be worth taking a look for future seasons. Also if there is a safety car and people are damaged they can make their way to pits, get repairs and not lose a full lap possibly even get to the end of the pack before the restart.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2016, 10:39:38 AM »
Conpare that to the one in my beginners server at ABCN, I took that server down as it was such a mess.

http://52.65.162.16:50041/sessiondetails?sessionid=6554#
Woah!!! 6 laps; 48 crashes!  :o

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2016, 11:06:53 AM »
I came across the sideways slideways doing a pretty solid attempt at a road block. 90 degress to the track smack in the middle with full field behind.

Thats always an issue and I noticed many seem to react as if theyve consumed half a slab, being a bit later in evening this is quite likely.  ;D

For things like this is where I think a safety car app of aorts would be good. People should try to slow and avoid piling into the accident but doing so will lose lots of time to the leaders. Which is the reason many go in full speed and just hope to get through.

For league racing if there is a big accident it would be good if we could call a safety car and then run a lap or 2 behind it until the field bunches up again. That would possibly help avoid turning a small single car spin into a bug pile up if all know best to just avoid damage rather then try to lose the least amount of time possible.

I saw Stan had sone OSRW app that does safety cars in some way so it may be worth taking a look for future seasons. Also if there is a safety car and people are damaged they can make their way to pits, get repairs and not lose a full lap possibly even get to the end of the pack before the restart.

I never consume more than a quarter of a slab when driving... ;) ;D
For sure a safety car would be perfect. Well, next to not turning it around in front of most of the field of course. ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2016, 12:49:13 PM »
That OSRW safety car app would be interesting to look at.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2016, 04:21:38 PM »
Hi Wally, due to injury I'll be missing this round.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2016, 05:11:52 PM »
Hi Wally, due to injury I'll be missing this round.
OK. I hope it's not too bad.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2016, 06:10:34 PM »
Gates are open at Autodromo Magione.

The weather has taken a turn for the worse in the afternoon. The morning race will be hot and clear, but then patchy rain with thunder will be developing later in the day for races 2 and 3. Grip will be down, more so in race 3, and the track will grip up more slowly. Practice sessions before races 2 and 3 will be 10 minutes, to get a feel for the conditions.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2016, 06:12:38 PM »
Baby currently napping meaning he'll most likely be awake at race time. Did it yesterday too. Stupid babies....

I may be able to get on for 1 or 2 of the races depending on when he goes bk to sleep.

Offline LetsTestDrive

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2016, 06:45:12 PM »
That OSRW safety car app would be interesting to look at.

OSRW released a virtual safety car app a few weeks ago, and this one doesn't need anyone driving the safety car. I think it's awesome, even just to add a small intermission/variety to the race.

[youtube]h7V0lrTSDrs[/youtube]

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2016, 06:55:40 PM »
Is that the race admin app? Just installed that but haven't had a chance to test yet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal