Xtreme Gaming Network

S6R6: BARBAGALLO Pre-Race Chat

Author Topic: S6R6: BARBAGALLO Pre-Race Chat  (Read 37276 times)

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
Re: S6R6: BARBAGALLO Pre-Race Chat
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2015, 07:19:13 AM »
As usual you all offer great advice. Even Marty.
Car set ups though... This is where I am obviously a very casual gamer... I don't really have an interest in how they work. I've tried. I honestly don't know what they do. The hover over text mean nothing to me. I don't notice subtle changes, I don't know what I want to change cause I don't know what is going wrong. I always put it down to my bad driving. When you see me sitting in the pits I'm not adjusting anything, I'm AFK.  so default set-ups have to do me. Or if I can find one to download. If I don't like it I go back to default. If i find one i like, i'll use it for every track. If I do adjust anything it's adding down force.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2015, 07:56:23 AM »
Just wondering with this track, the last turn exit is pretty dodgy to run outside the kerb and quite a bit faster. This part of track isnt marked as invalid but I think if everyone goes that line it makes a bit of a joke of the turn. I wonder what Wally's call will be on using this, I know if you make a mistake then it should be ok to use it but if someone plans for it they can carry much more speed run very wide and gain a huge advantage.

I was about to post the same thing as I noticed this also when running the beamers last night.  I obviously wasn't exploring all the lines of the track when Rolz and I had a practice for Tuesday!

I think it's going to be too difficult to monitor.  Who is to say someone doesn't make a "mistake" during qual on one lap and who is going to check.  Maybe if you accidentally go wide you have to lift off or something and make that lap slower.  I dunno, but I think Wally needs to make a call as there is around another 2 tenths there.

The only solution I see is if the track maker changes the allowed boundaries before Tuesday!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2015, 09:05:36 AM »
Just wondering wit4 this track, the last turn exit is pretty dodgy to run outside the kerb and quite a bit faster. This part of track isnt marked as invalid but I think if everyone goes that line it makes a bit of a joke of the turn. I wonder what Wally's call will be on using this, I know if you make a mistake then it should be ok to use it but if someone plans for it they can carry much more speed run very wide and gain a huge advantage.

You should try to stay within the track limits and keep your two right wheels inside the white line at the final turn.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2015, 02:54:35 PM »
Sorry to all those who were looking forward to racing with me at Barbagallo, (or not :) ) but I have a car club meeting that slipped my (at the time),  jet-lagged mind.

Sorry to miss this big event.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2015, 08:22:06 PM »
Sorry to all those who were looking forward to racing with me at Barbagallo, (or not :) ) but I have a car club meeting that slipped my (at the time),  jet-lagged mind.

Sorry to miss this big event.

OK, thanks Flattop.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2015, 10:10:28 PM »
Do I have the honour of being the first person to be black-listed from an XGN server?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2015, 10:13:47 PM »
Do I have the honour of being the first person to be black-listed from an XGN server?
Yep.

What's up? I've just got the same old blacklist on the practice server. Can't you join?

Rolz

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2015, 10:15:35 PM »

The way GB was going wide all night on the last corner... I'm not surprised  :P

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2015, 10:21:35 PM »
Yep.

What's up? I've just got the same old blacklist on the practice server. Can't you join?

I think Marty was abusing his server rights.  Little does he know what I've got in store for him tomorrow night.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2015, 10:27:10 PM »
Yep.

I think Marty was abusing his server rights.  Little does he know what I've got in store for him tomorrow night.

GB may have been accidentally kicked for abusing his driving privileges, I think it may have been an auto kick for driving backwards up the track last lap. I think I have a replay of the incident it was quite funny.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2015, 11:29:13 PM »
Good fun on the practice server the last couple of nights. Since yesterday I've switched to using cockpit view and changed the FOV and found it's helped me get quicker as seems you can feel what the car is doing better.

Was about to call it a night tonight, but then did a PB of 1:01.54. Unfortunately RSR has been shit recently and didn't record it, but either way I'd have stayed in 3rd behind Marty and Stan.

Rolz

« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2015, 06:45:35 AM »
Good fun on the practice server the last couple of nights. Since yesterday I've switched to using cockpit view and changed the FOV and found it's helped me get quicker as seems you can feel what the car is doing better.

Was about to call it a night tonight, but then did a PB of 1:01.54. Unfortunately RSR has been shit recently and didn't record it, but either way I'd have stayed in 3rd behind Marty and Stan.

I've given up on RSR and online servers... only now works single player and I always seem to get better times online chasing GB or Marty  ::)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2015, 09:29:54 PM »
I give up  kids are never gonna let me have one night a week to race, been  the same every season I have raced, so its not going to change , its not fun anymore not knowing when you are going to take cars out every week, but knowing you probably will at some point due to lag
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

G0RGAK

« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2015, 10:06:42 PM »
I give up  kids are never gonna let me have one night a week to race, been  the same every season I have raced, so its not going to change , its not fun anymore not knowing when you are going to take cars out every week, but knowing you probably will at some point due to lag

Tuesday nights just unplug all the other people's in the house internet including wi-fi, if they don't like it, get them to pay the bill  :D

As far as tonight's races go, it was good, spun in all 3 races, but i'm used to that.
Still about a second or two off the pace, dunno what to do about it, maybe a new wheel/pedals (i'm using df-gt), or maybe i'm just not as good as i think i am.  :P

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2015, 08:25:01 AM »
QOS!!! Release the router guru within!!  :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal