Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 10: Australian GT3 Regulations and Sign Up

Author Topic: Season 10: Australian GT3 Regulations and Sign Up  (Read 105130 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Season 10: Australian GT3 Regulations and Sign Up
« Reply #165 on: January 20, 2016, 06:32:52 PM »
Wally dont all the tracks this season have at least 31 grid spots. I only see 30 signed in so far but also there should be some rules regarding when people pull out to give some notice. Past seasons with 24 starterd and reserves we still rarely had a full grid due to 3 or 4 no shows each week.

If people cant race best to advise as soon as possible to leave the spot open for any possible reserves. There are a few people I think that have been down for a season and barely ran 1 or 2 races yet never gave notice of not making race nites.

There seems to be enough interest for this season so we should be able to get close to 30 starters each round.
I'll double check. I thought they were a bit varied. I only need to be told if people can't make it if we actually have a reserve list.

You're right. The tracks were using for the season have min 32. No reserves!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 06:36:42 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 22, 2016, 10:28:46 AM »
I said it before, but I'll repeat it.

You are not allowed to add fuel
(although I can't enforce it).

I will be able to check that people have pitted though, and yes, if you don't it will be a DQ.

Ok its just that time gained by people adding fuel can be quite a bit early in the race, opening up fueling would just make it fairer for all and you could still choose to not add fuel. Otherwise its just an advantage for those that choose not to follow the rule that really cant be monitored.

It would be great if the server kept info on tyre stops including how long it took and what was done in the stop. Then beyond that have options to limit things such as fuel and tyres not being done at the same time. Also enforce penatlies such as stop go/ drive through which I still think is a better penalty then the plp 10 seconds for cuts. Though a time penalty should be given if the penalty is given on the last lap and no time to serve a drive through.

A pit stop here for tyres seems to cost around 26 seconds not sure how much a drive through costs but Im sure its still more then 10 seconds.

Seeing the amount of track limit violations in the prac server I suspect quite a few will get penalties. Also people not running the current plp version should get no points but I didnt even see a mention of it in the first post so some new guys may not be aware of needing to use this.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 22, 2016, 11:30:26 AM »
Marty, don't you remember why the 10s is done instead of a stop?  There were a few reasons, they're still valid I reckon.   You've brought up one of them. :)  Another one was safety.  We can't just change the rules around track-by-track because here a stop is 26s and many people are cutting (on a praccy server!!).

I agree on the fuel front, though.  If we can't enforce it, we might as well drop it.  But I'm easy either way.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 22, 2016, 11:56:03 AM »
The 1 thing I dont like about the 10 sec vs the drive through is that someone may get a penalty and then get in the way of others battling for position they really shouldn't be battling for later in the race. Better to have the penalty dealt with in race but thats just my view, seeing pitlane detection is kind of broken anyway its the only real option we have atm. But drive troughs may make people respect the track limits more then say getting slapped 10 seconds at the end of the race. If anything someone getting a 10 second penalty may then become even more aggressive among people they shouldn't be battling trying to recover the time lost making them even more of a hazard and likely to take out these people they aren't racing directly.

I think the main purpose of plp is not to actually penalize people but to keep them on the track so its safer for all around them rather then people running miles wide then rejoining without much care for others. I dont see how its any safer by having a 10 sec penalty then forcing a drive through, people entering and exiting pits should always do this with care and there are pit exit lines on all tracks that really should be observed and then normal racing rules resume once your back on the track.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 22, 2016, 06:41:18 PM »
I don't see any need to change anything. I'm not going to revisit rules every week.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 22, 2016, 08:37:12 PM »
Hi Wally, my PC held together last night so I would like to give the season a go. So if there is room count me in, I'm happy to be a reserve if you already have a full grid.

Seeing as I'll be running around towards the rear of the grid I'll give the Merc AMG SLS some love.
Ummm Rob... Merc AMG or Merc SLS?

Offline Chap

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 22, 2016, 09:39:04 PM »
Wally I will be driving the Audi R8 For this Season.

Thanks

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 22, 2016, 10:18:50 PM »
Wally I will be driving the Audi R8 For this Season.

Thanks
Thanks.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 23, 2016, 06:57:33 PM »
Looking like an Audi v BMW season, mainly. 8)
(the Germans will be happy)

2+2=√16

Rolz

« Reply #174 on: January 23, 2016, 07:00:40 PM »
We are  :P

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 23, 2016, 07:18:39 PM »
Don't forget Nismooooooooo.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 23, 2016, 08:27:09 PM »
Looking like an Audi v BMW season, mainly. 8)
(the Germans will be happy)

They are the 2 easiest cars to get pace out of, audi gets its pace by eating rubber mostly z4 is probably the best all rounder.

Lets just hope the mclarens dominate Silverstone like they should. ;D

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 23, 2016, 08:34:14 PM »
There's a huge problem here.
Track is 19deg (air 12) and we can't get the tyres over 70/64 (left/right) on the server.

If this is how the season will be, it'll be rubbish. I simply refuse to believe that the real races run a compound that can't get up to minimum temp.  I think we should increase the temps to get the tyres to be a bit more realistic - something I reckon is not correct with the sim here.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 23, 2016, 08:35:14 PM »
I only chose Audi cause I haven't driven it yet, and I'd like to own one.
THEN I found out it was one of the quicker cars, true. 8)

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 23, 2016, 08:47:21 PM »
There's a huge problem here.
Track is 19deg (air 12) and we can't get the tyres over 70/64 (left/right) on the server.

If this is how the season will be, it'll be rubbish. I simply refuse to believe that the real races run a compound that can't get up to minimum temp.  I think we should increase the temps to get the tyres to be a bit more realistic - something I reckon is not correct with the sim here.
That's part of the challenge - dealing with a range of temperatures in the AC universe. Some tracks will be hot. Some will be cold. Grip will be up and down.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal