Xtreme Gaming Network

S10R7: Spa Pre-Race Chat

Author Topic: S10R7: Spa Pre-Race Chat  (Read 33606 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S10R7: Spa Pre-Race Chat
« on: March 01, 2016, 11:25:13 PM »
2 x 13 laps. 1 CPS, no refuelling.

Weather is 11 Clear. 12 Clear.

Practice server is up.

For this round, we're going to try a rolling start, as per the incidents thread.

Rolling start. Full opening lap, as close to 120 kph as possible, leader calls "Go!" on teamspeak somewhere between the white line across the track near the back of the start boxes, and the start line. No overtaking (no overlapping) before the start line i.e. stay behind the rear bumper of the car in front of you.

Redress. If you're in a first lap accident with a pack behind you, you must clear the track safely and not rejoin until all fast-moving cars have passed and you can do so safely.

Penalties. If you cause 2 first lap incidents or failures to adequately safely rejoin the track, then you get some significant penalty ballast just for the next race.

Special Spa Rule. Single file through Eau Rouge at all times! The car on the left approaching Eau Rouge has right of way; an overlapping car on the right has to drop back.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 08:04:28 AM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Rolz

Re: S10R7: Spa Pre-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 11:33:08 PM »
I'm out for this one...  :'(

Out of interest what's the Stracker IP for this one and do you have Live Map enabled?

I'm going to be away from my PC but I wouldn't mind watching the little dots race around the track :)
*If Possible*

Cheers and good luck all!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 11:48:08 PM »
The IP for stracker will be the same as every other round. As long as 1 lap has been made then the  practice server will show laps on the current combo.

The race nite servers dont run stracker though so no live map. Also most of the osrw tracks dont seem to work with the live map due to not being packaged properly, even though we havent needed more then 24 slots in any round yet so it really hasnt been needed.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 12:07:08 AM »
I'm going to be out for this one also. Going to see my favourite band  ;D But miss out on racing at my favourite track  :(

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 07:40:21 AM »
Damn cold temps. Should be a slam dunk for the Lambo's around here,  but I'm looking forward to the challenge :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 07:47:35 AM »
I'm going to be out for this one also. Going to see my favourite band  ;D But miss out on racing at my favourite track  :(
And who might that be?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 09:48:33 AM »
And who might that be?

A Canadian band called Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 11:33:01 AM »
Damn cold temps. Should be a slam dunk for the Lambo's around here,  but I'm looking forward to the challenge :)

Did a few laps... Feels like the car is glued to the track compared to the Nurburgring round  :)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2016, 12:10:35 PM »

Did a few laps... Feels like the car is glued to the track compared to the Nurburgring round  :)
Could be new versus old Kunos track? AC1.5 will bring all tracks up to same standard so maybe the track surface will change as well?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2016, 01:30:30 PM »
The track surface isnt going to change in terms of the physical mesh. All improvements are graphical mosty textures and scenery. I dont think many geometry changes will be made but they may adjust some track and curb changes in current layouts.

The cars do still drop lots of temp in straights when very cold. I think front tyres may be probe to bad graining again and this has been the main issue this season rather then actual wear. My front right after 12 laps on it got to 38% grained last race and front left was at 32% with pretty much no front end grip left the last couple laps.

It seems the graining and blistering are a bit exaggerated and over simplified in AC also tyre life in gt3 cars is quite a bit shorter then the real cars get.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2016, 01:51:21 PM »

Could be new versus old Kunos track? AC1.5 will bring all tracks up to same standard so maybe the track surface will change as well?

I think it's more that the Nissan really did not work for me at Nurburgring.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2016, 03:02:50 PM »
My front right after 12 laps on it got to 38% grained last race and front left was at 32% with pretty much no front end grip left the last couple laps.
How do you achieve so much graining Marty, mine finished on 10%.

Rolz

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2016, 03:08:44 PM »
my graining was anywhere between 14-25% depending on how I drove the session...

First time I saw I was on 25% it made sense why my front was just sliding around the place... where prior to that I was like WTF is going on...

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2016, 04:10:50 PM »
My front right after 12 laps on it got to 38% grained last race and front left was at 32% with pretty much no front end grip left the last couple laps.
How do you achieve so much graining Marty, mine finished on 10%.

Race 2 after my pedal started spiking and I was losing positions early I stopped after lap 3 so did 12 laps from there and the tyres were fairly gone by the end. The Lambo really struggles for front end grip and temps when its these colder temps. On a normal stint of around 8 or 9 laps there graining on fronts was around 20 to 25%. I can only assume as it gets more graining and loses more front end grip the tyres cool even more so the graining gets even worse over a longer run.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2016, 10:31:16 PM »
For this round, we're going to try a rolling start, as per the incidents thread.

Rolling start. Full opening lap, as close to 120 kph as possible, leader calls "Go!" on teamspeak somewhere between the last start box and the start line. No overtaking before the start line.

Redress. If you're in a first lap accident with a pack behind you, you must clear the track and not rejoin until all fast-moving cars have passed.

Penalties. If you cause 2 first lap incidents or failures to adequately safely rejoin the track, then you get some significant penalty ballast just for the next race.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal