Xtreme Gaming Network

S10R8: Barcelona GP Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S10R8: Barcelona GP Post-Race Chat  (Read 17743 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S10R8: Barcelona GP Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2016, 11:17:11 PM »
Wally, the lap14 detection I reckon is not correct.  Yet again, it seems the car going into the pits (me this time) got the position over someone who was on the track.

At Mugello I thought I remembered incorrectly, but maybe the same thing happened; Marty pitted and I overtook him, the in-race position showed me in front (which usually means I crossed the line first?) then the result gave him the lap14 points.

This time, Freezer was in my arse, he clearly overtook me before the line.  I saw his name popping up in the laps earlier than me.  Yet I got the points.

I'm even now in any case :) , but the detection is off that's for sure.
Or it maybe based on end of lap13.

Edit:
see the results, even that is saying lap 14 he was in front:

Shoot, I had the options wrong - it was looking at lap 10 instead of lap 14. Let me redo it.
Edit: OK, fixed. Good pickup.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 11:23:42 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2016, 11:26:28 PM »
Just looking the collision info.
Lap 1.
932: Freezer [Caterpillar Racing] hit Paul [Krahl Racing] at 131 kph.   Paul was four places ahead of me this lap.
Lap 11
1137: Marty [Achilles Heels] hit Freezer [Caterpillar Racing] at 10 kph.  Marty was two spots behind, but there was a lag spike where he
suddenly appeared at the rear of my car.

So part explanation through lag, but cant explain Lap 1...

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2016, 11:50:55 PM »
Yeah there are some funnies in that collision report lap 1...

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2016, 12:29:18 AM »
Lap 1.
932: Freezer [Caterpillar Racing] hit Paul [Krahl Racing] at 131 kph.   Paul was four places ahead of me this lap.
Lap 11
1137: Marty [Achilles Heels] hit Freezer [Caterpillar Racing] at 10 kph.  Marty was two spots behind, but there was a lag spike where he

Lap 1 there was the aborted start so all you guys that were on the grid would have hit each other as is the usual for when a race needs to be restarted. Maybe wally needs to run the admin app to easily do the admin without needing to exit to pits, this will allow restarts etc even before a green light.

The collision with you on lap 11 your ping had climbed to around 150ish and your car then popped up between me and Jeremy even though you were maybe 150m or so ahead prior to the warp. Overally the netcode seemed more spikey then normal so I wonder if wally had changed the hz rate as some pings in practice especially hit new records with someone getting to 2 seconds.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2016, 07:21:21 AM »
Lap 1.
Lap 11

Lap 1 there was the aborted start so all you guys that were on the grid would have hit each other as is the usual for when a race needs to be restarted. Maybe wally needs to run the admin app to easily do the admin without needing to exit to pits, this will allow restarts etc even before a green light.

The collision with you on lap 11 your ping had climbed to around 150ish and your car then popped up between me and Jeremy even though you were maybe 150m or so ahead prior to the warp. Overally the netcode seemed more spikey then normal so I wonder if wally had changed the hz rate as some pings in practice especially hit new records with someone getting to 2 seconds.

Admin app?  You mean the chat app?  Yeah,  I should. No,  I leave all the Hz settings etc the same each race.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2016, 09:11:47 AM »
Fekkin hard tyres!!! Who's idea was to run those for the first stint!! Fire his arse and get me back on my Meds!!  >:( >:( >:(
Right then, now that I've cleaned out the dead wood in my pit crew... what do you mean 'It's the last race of the season!!' Fek it all!! Fek Freezer!! Bwahahaha!!

Well, what a roller coaster ride of a season. From the highs of winning a race at Silverstone, holding off the mighty GB at the end, to the lows of losing my interwebs for a week mid season, I certainly had some mixed emotions thru this one. I love the GT3's, loved the formats of the races, loved the mixed tyre n fuel rates, loved the choice of cars with their strengths and weaknesses, love, love, love!!!

Gotta be happy when you get the season hunter award!! I loves the huntings!!

Cheers to Wally for holding the ship together through some rough waters throughout this season!!!. As you said, you'd take passion over apathy any day.
 :-X ;D :-X

Offline trackmeister

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2016, 09:35:46 AM »
Thanks for letting me join the season, Wally. Got some experience up. Took some wooden spoons but hey as a tenacious scot may improve and who knows the scots may take the union one day and by then I may take a podium. Cheers

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2016, 10:31:10 AM »
Thanks for the season Wally and all, and congrats to the winners!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2016, 11:34:14 AM »
Wally, the lap14 detection I reckon is not correct.  Yet again, it seems the car going into the pits (me this time) got the position over someone who was on the track.

At Mugello I thought I remembered incorrectly, but maybe the same thing happened; Marty pitted and I overtook him, the in-race position showed me in front (which usually means I crossed the line first?) then the result gave him the lap14 points.

This time, Freezer was in my arse, he clearly overtook me before the line.  I saw his name popping up in the laps earlier than me.  Yet I got the points.

I'm even now in any case :) , but the detection is off that's for sure.
Or it maybe based on end of lap13.

Edit:
see the results, even that is saying lap 14 he was in front:

Shoot, I had the options wrong - it was looking at lap 10 instead of lap 14. Let me redo it.
Edit: OK, fixed. Good pickup.

Is that possibly also how I gained a spot on Bird at Mugello? I was sure he passed me as I pitted before the start finish line then amd I saw my spot drop before I started the next lap.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2016, 12:08:38 PM »
Thanks for the thanks guys.

Marty, seeing your spot drop in pits...  That's just AC,  isn't it?

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2016, 12:14:32 PM »
Hotel says they have fox sport 5 (and concluded I am a premier league fan?)!!! Thanks a lot to all for the advice. If anybody wants to have a coffee in Brisbane, say Friday, let me know.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2016, 05:37:07 PM »
Thanks for a solid season wally, wish i started the season stronger, ah well finished strong damn tyre pressures lol

Qual: got a good banker in the middle of the session so made some changes for my last lap at the end but made the car understeery and over drove it to get a cut track on a corner exit so that screwed me up lol only got a 6th.

Race: Made some position up early on getting to 3rd with bird behind me keeping me honest on the first stint but once i bolted new tyres on the lambo it bolted lol so i set sights on paul who pitted earlier so was on a different strategy. The gap was about 11secs i think and by a few laps into my final stint it was down to about 4 and i had fresher tyres and was feeling good but then he pitted again and i was handed a very anti climatic 2nd lol we were robbed of what would of probably been a great last few laps to end the season lol.

Well done gb drove very well again :)
do you even motorsports?

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2016, 05:57:09 PM »
In the first stint I had a ticket on the Stan-train but managed to disembark after a few laps (unlike Wally who took the whole ride :P )
My early stop jumped me ahead of Marty who, on fresher tyres, filled my mirrors through the second stint.
Third stint was lonely as Marty pulled away and Stan was too far back to catch up.

Congratulations Guy on the 'ship and thanks Wally for being Bernie Todt (or is that Jean Ecclestone?)
 8)

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal