Xtreme Gaming Network

S8R1 Race Chat: Imola

Author Topic: S8R1 Race Chat: Imola  (Read 13492 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S8R1 Race Chat: Imola
« on: August 07, 2015, 06:43:51 PM »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S8R1 Race Chat: Imola
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 07:31:53 PM »
I put up a practice server, will change up the weather to meet the forecast later then.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 07:33:29 PM »
I put up a practice server, will change up the weather to meet the forecast later then.
I still have to work out fuel multiplier for race 2 with one pitstop. I will try to enable a bigger pit window, but still make one stop a necessity.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 02:33:33 PM »
For race 2, fuel multiplier is 4.2x, to make both (unballasted) cars need 1 pit stop. I'll make the tyre multiplier the same, 4.2x (subject to testing).

I'll have to test this with 75kg ballast too, as that will change the fuel rate.

GTC has a 96l tank; GX has a 120l tank.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 09:45:02 AM »
For race 2, 4.2x fuel and tyres works.

Pit strategy: In race 2 (17 laps), the GTC can do 9 laps on one tank, and medium tyres are at 97% by the end of the stint. You pretty much have one strategy: pit halfway and change tyres (unless you want to experiment with hards). The GX is a little more interesting. It can do 14 laps on one tank, but medium fronts are gone by lap 12 or 13. You might want to think about running on hards, and seeing if you can do a long stint and then a quick splash-and-dash near the end of the race.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 11:31:08 AM »
If you want to practice on your own server, it's pretty easy. Simply drop the two attached files into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\server\cfg then run C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\server\acServer.bat.

This cfg is like race 2 - 4.2 x fuel and tyres, probably about the temperature, but this is fixed at 100% grip.

You will see your server on the "Lan Session" screen.

The password and admin password is admin.

You can add ballast to yourself with:
/admin admin
/ballast 0 75 (where 0 is your car id).

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 12:24:05 PM »
On the practice server I will make the admin password the regular XGN password. This way you can practice with ballast easily by logging in as admin.

Login using the command /admin "password
then once you are administrator type /client_list
This will show what entry list each car is in the game chat window, if your car is car 1 then to add ballast simply type what below to give car 1 100kg.

/ballast 1 100

Servers are down atm just doing some server maintenance and also forgot to restart them last nite. The server will be with regular fuel and optimum grip unless people would rather have the higher fuel and some varied grip levels which can be done easily enough if people want it.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 02:51:37 PM »
If you want to practice on your own server, it's pretty easy. Simply drop the two attached files into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\server\cfg then run C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\server\acServer.bat.

This cfg is like race 2 - 4.2 x fuel and tyres, probably about the temperature, but this is fixed at 100% grip.

You will see your server on the "Lan Session" screen.

The password and admin password is admin.

You can add ballast to yourself with:
/admin admin
/ballast 0 75 (where 0 is your car id).
Perhaps don't register to lobby?

Offline christopheraser

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2015, 03:27:00 PM »
I have just been informed that I will probably miss this race.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 07:57:36 PM »
I need GUIDs for JoshR and Chap, to put you on the entry list.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 09:14:40 AM »
Wally there was an update last nite to 1.2.3 and includes server update so you will need to update it. A thing you may also want to check is if the server has the same issue mine had with windows update using high cpu load. I have disabled updates on the server now but also needed to stop the windows ipdate service otherwise it could at times cause the cpu to get to 100% load. Since disabling this pings have been much more stable.

I noticed last nite when we were playing around with ballast that giving guybrush 100000000000000kg made the server struggle too and caused all pings to rise. It was a known bug but first time I saw it in action as even gb never gave me so much ballast before.  ;D

Latest update now has a max ballast limit which in the beta was 150 but I asked manu to raise that so its server adjustable now within the config but a default limit of 100 if no value is given.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 09:38:22 AM »
Thanks Marty.

The ballast limit is too low. In netkar, we occasionally got around the 300 kg mark.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 09:38:36 AM »
See you are a worse person than me Marty.   At least I only did that to someone I didn't know!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2015, 12:59:41 PM »
Thanks Marty.

The ballast limit is too low. In netkar, we occasionally got around the 300 kg mark.

Yes thats why in the beta it had a limit of 150 but I told them we will quite likely need much more. So know it defaults to 100 if no limit is set but you can set any limit you want in cfg file or via the manager. There may be a hard limit but it was stating hard limit of 150 in the ac manager but the one that came with the release doesnt have this and with the txt file there should be no limit.

The new manager also has a way of packing all files needed from the manager to the server so you can use the manager directly from within your server if wanted

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2015, 02:09:00 PM »
Fingers crossed I make the race tonight.  PC is struggling, but testing last night showed 99degree temps on the CPU running 16 cars.  I keep getting CPU warnings and my race night on server has been prone to lag despite very low ping.   So I plan to re seat the CPU with some new thermal paste and check the fan when I get home which hopefully brings it down.  Otherwise, once it gets to hot it starts to crap itself.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal