Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 3 round 2: Gentrack Race Chat

Author Topic: Season 3 round 2: Gentrack Race Chat  (Read 64786 times)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Season 3 round 2: Gentrack Race Chat
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2014, 05:40:14 PM »
Mr Bacchulum is very quiet.
'Cause a 1m42s is nothing to shout about. :-\

2+2=√16

Offline Schmittez

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2014, 05:55:25 PM »
Well, just heard some thunder which means my power might go out hopefully it doesn't but, its not uncommon for it to go out if the weather turn south a bit. I will let you know if it does go out and whether I will be able to race or not.

Edit: just check the rain radar and it doesn't look very bad so hopefully I will be good to race.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 06:01:13 PM by Schmittez »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2014, 06:04:26 PM »
Server is up.

Schmittez, you're on the grid regardless.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2014, 06:06:00 PM »
Man, that is tight racing. Giving each other room? Hmmm only a spare mm. Lets hope we can replicate that tonight.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2014, 06:10:46 PM »
Mr Bacchulum is very quiet.
'Cause a 1m42s is nothing to shout about. :-\

Yeah way off the pace.  ::)
Just pounce on others mistakes. That's my plan. But then I choke. Just like last night. Was in 1st place.. all fair and square...  8). Choked, last lap, last corner. Came last.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2014, 06:22:44 PM »
 I'm just going to put up a vote for an extra 2 minutes of qualifying. maybe?

10 minutes last week. Seemed like a few people could have squeezed one out with a few extra minutes.
Squeeze out a fast lap that is....

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2014, 06:40:21 PM »
Ask the people who need to be in bed ASAP after the races! Bacchulum for one.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2014, 06:43:44 PM »
Ask the people who need to be in bed ASAP after the races! Bacchulum for one.

I'll write the note to his parents if you can sign it Wally?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2014, 06:44:24 PM »
Id like a larger break between races so you can squeeze one out if needed.  ;) Makes it hard if you need to be there for the start of qualy til end of race then repeat 3 times. But the length of qualy isnt too bad I just had bad luck race 2 being stuck behind others I didnt want to pass and ruin their hotlaps so backed off to give myself enough time to get one last lap in. Only to be blocked by someone pulling out of the pits, I did pull out on someone on the practice server at one point and we crashed then he just left the server. Wasnt even time to say sorry but also it was just a practice session but people will need to be aware of others coming out of the pits here as the cars are going to be closing rather quick.

Tyre wear not being much of an issue and only having 10 min to qualy best to just fill it up for 10 minutes then run some laps. Not much need to pit during the session as your just taking laps off yourself as your lucky to get 5 laps in with 4 of them being timed. If you pit during the session you will have 2 outlaps and likely only time for 2 hotlaps.

Offline Schmittez

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2014, 06:46:23 PM »
the race server doesn't have the extra slots on it if you don't already know Wally.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2014, 06:49:28 PM »
the race server doesn't have the extra slots on it if you don't already know Wally.

I'll fix it (soon).

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2014, 06:50:28 PM »
Id like a larger break between races so you can squeeze one out if needed.  ;) Makes it hard if you need to be there for the start of qualy til end of race then repeat 3 times. But the length of qualy isnt too bad I just had bad luck race 2 being stuck behind others I didnt want to pass and ruin their hotlaps so backed off to give myself enough time to get one last lap in. Only to be blocked by someone pulling out of the pits, I did pull out on someone on the practice server at one point and we crashed then he just left the server. Wasnt even time to say sorry but also it was just a practice session but people will need to be aware of others coming out of the pits here as the cars are going to be closing rather quick.

Tyre wear not being much of an issue and only having 10 min to qualy best to just fill it up for 10 minutes then run some laps. Not much need to pit during the session as your just taking laps off yourself as your lucky to get 5 laps in with 4 of them being timed. If you pit during the session you will have 2 outlaps and likely only time for 2 hotlaps.

Yeah, something about what he said Wally!

Oh I remember that time some driver pulled out in front of you on a hot lap that ruined your dress.

You know how I remember?..........Cause I was that driver! MAWAHHAHAHAHAAA

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2014, 07:11:51 PM »
I just restarted the server to allow 30 cars onto the track.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2014, 10:22:54 PM »

Yeah, something about what he said Wally!

Oh I remember that time some driver pulled out in front of you on a hot lap that ruined your dress.

You know how I remember?..........Cause I was that driver! MAWAHHAHAHAHAAA

Funnily enough still my most enjoyable races have been when I started in pit or buggered up qualy. Id vote for reverse grid racing in race 3 if thats ever possible.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2014, 11:19:06 PM »
Here are the 3 race replay files from this round,

https://mega.co.nz/#!fcBmyaAQ!IXkOQRBPGXnFIg59DfxMatekFnUJ8STv95Sj-B3xQtQ

Race 1 Battled a little with Guy early then with Krahl in the 1M, was quite tricky as we were both slowing eachother down a little due to each cars strength and weakness. I couldnt make the move then made a couple mistakes at the end to finish a bit behind the first 3.

Race 2 was most fun if anything starting in pits (again) was the most enjoyable race even if frustrating trying to get by quicker cars. Lap 1 was chaos biggest shunt I have seen so far in any XGN races, I nearly made it through but got caught by the last 2 cars after getting by half the field facing everywhere but forward. Then had to dive bomb into the hairpin for all the places but lost 2 spots at the line on the last lap to a couple quicker cars just needed the line to be 50m sooner lol.

Race 3 hadsome good battles with a few guys and had no contact, I nearly took out Guy and someone else when getting squeezed 3 wide inside of the hairpin on lap 1 so glad they slowed and let me just run it wide. I touched the grass and locked a wheel then drove across the front of the other 2. End of the race I got real scrappy and Ed was gaining on me I somehow stayed ahead by a couple hundredths at the line.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal