Xtreme Gaming Network

S45R7 - Symmons Plains

Author Topic: S45R7 - Symmons Plains  (Read 3703 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S45R7 - Symmons Plains
« on: February 11, 2023, 11:05:40 AM »
Brad won the round again with 3 race wins, 2 poles and 2 fastest race laps. I stole fastest lap in race 2. With Bacchulum's no-show, Mael jumps him in the standings to move up into 3d place.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
RACE 3 RESULTS

SEASON STATS

Round Points
bradc   57
Wally   49
Mael   40
Freezer   38
Bacchulum   0
Joe   0
Humper   0

Season Standings
1. bradc, 323
2. Wally, 279
3. Mael, 245

Track: http://www.mediafire.com/file/lba6n65b7ry6wv9/symmons_plains.rar/file

Races are 18 laps.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 10:26:54 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S45R7 - Symmons Plains
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2023, 04:13:49 PM »
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 07:55:48 PM by Mael »

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2023, 05:36:51 PM »
Reading for bacchulum  :)

https://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/index.php?threads/porsche-917.148536/
Unfortunately, "I must be signed in" to do that, and I'm not.

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2023, 06:50:42 PM »
Server's up.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2023, 06:54:20 PM »
Modified, had a few good photo's of Porsche 917   :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fSRvfGKlfVmG8CsVCyZGvC9jfYGSGRDd/view?usp=share_link
Not much to it, is there!
I've seen one man pick up that chassis so it's amazing it can take the forces involved.
And they must have barely cleared the "must be a two seater" regulation.....

2+2=√16

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2023, 07:43:19 PM »
I've just lost my connection.
Hopefully it'll be back up soon..... :-\

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2023, 10:24:40 PM »
I've just lost my connection.
Hopefully it'll be back up soon..... :-\
Bad luck - the Fairlane would have been "interesting" around here. The tight corners would have been a nightmare.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2023, 10:27:21 PM »
Results are up - well done Brad on the round win.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2023, 10:46:10 PM »
The Austin Healey clearly had better pace here than the MG, although Mael set some very good lap times in the MG, close to the Austin.

Race 1 was a bit of a procession as we spread out, but in race 2 I found some additional pace (I jagged the fastest lap in this race) and was able to stay very close to Brad for the whole race, to keep the pressure up, but couldn't get close to a pass. The reverse grid race 3 was more eventful for me, copping a hit in the hairpin that put me way back and meant I had to work hard to pass the MGs all over again. I nearly got fastest lap in this race too, but Brad pinched it by 7 hundredths on the last lap. It was a small field, with peoples' technical woes, but good racing nonetheless.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2023, 08:21:01 AM »
Sorry for the no show. I never got a chance to get my rig back together and test my pedals are working.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2023, 10:46:06 AM »
Sorry for the no show. I never got a chance to get my rig back together and test my pedals are working.
Did you get a fix for your pedals?

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2023, 11:30:17 AM »
Did you get a fix for your pedals?

I took the load cell out and it had a load of dust and crap all over it. Gave it a good clean and it worked, but haven't had a chance to get the pedals back on the rig and give it a proper test. Hopefully will be okay now, otherwise I'll get a new load cell from fanatec.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2023, 01:40:01 PM »
The difference in the two types of cars really showed here with the superior torque of the Healy proving too great for the MG's to be competitive against them. Had the good ship Fairlane been rolled out I believe it would have been battling the MG's as it's long braking distances would been too much to challenge the Austin Healy's - Oran Park with all it's corners and big main straight is going to be a different battle where I expect the MG's superior turn-in to pay big dividends!

Looking at just the results it appears that my night was pretty quite, but in reality it was anything but! For a such a short lap it was extremely intensive and I never felt comfortable from one corner to the next, especially from the end of the back straight, until I was out of turn 1-2 and back onto the straight again. The continual cornering and elevation changes meant that the Austin was sliding on the edge of no-return for the bulk of the lap.

My qualifying lap was near to perfect despite coping a bash from Mael on the opening lap of the session, no one at fault, just the differences in braking and turning in points catching Mael out. Race 1 was head down, slide out of the corners as I pushed as hard as I dare and ignore the mirrors. I was shocked to see the time gap growing to those behind me, but I knew it wouldn't take long for Wally to find more speed as the night progresses, as has been the case all season.

I felt I had race two under control after getting a good start and opening a 2 second gap to Wally, but I could not shake him. Mid way through the race my outside tyres ended up 1psi over pressures and I noticed it as I was unable to find my absolute qualifying speed, I then went searching for time at the hairpin and nearly stuffed up on several occasions, so I just tried as hard as I could to keep Wally behind, knowing that on this track in equal cars it was always going to be extremely difficult to pass. At one stage around 2/3 race distance we both set the fastest lap by doing identical times on the same laps, but then Wally was able to find more speed and take that fastest lap point, stopping for chance of a perfect night score of 58 points!

Race 3 and heading into the reverse race I expected it to be an extremely difficult race. To my surprise I was able to get a great start and jump the two MG's before the hairpin and not long after that the 3 of them were engaged in a massive battle allowing me to race off into the distance. Eventually Wally got into second but by then I was too far down the road and it was game over.....

It's sad that we don't have bigger grids because these cars are able to be safely driven very close to one another and they're tough to drive making them extremely rewarding

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal