Xtreme Gaming Network

S10R3: Brands Hatch Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S10R3: Brands Hatch Post-Race Chat  (Read 19717 times)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: S10R3: Brands Hatch Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2016, 08:57:17 AM »
I had two really eventful & exciting races.  Lost of close racing, passing, and sadly accidents, too.
Everyone was racing very nicely around me, all the accidents I've observed were due to racing hard & making mistakes, simply.

Rolz was my choosen enemy this time  :)  Mate we had some fantastic racing - shame we managed to tangle in both runs. 
I meant to ask: how did you end up on the inside after running wide in race 1 (turn 4)?  That baffles me a bit :)

And I'd like to apologise for the rear-ending in race 2. I haven't checked yet, so I don't know if your braking point was earlier or I've missed mine completely - I can believe the 2nd scenario more likely.  I was rather tired in the 2nd race.

Thanks, gents!

Rolz

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2016, 09:10:26 AM »
Mixed night for me...

R1 was awesome really close racing, arguably best to date... Audi had crap speed down straights, but back section I would always catch back up again... lost break point on T4 behind Matthew111 and skidded out and then somehow slid onto track in front of Bird - I thought I was still on the right of you as you clipped my nose... sorry there...  :-[

R2 got shunted off by Bird, I was mildly disappointed ;) but I can attest it's hard to see break points when ur really close to someone (like I did in race 1 with Matthew111), had to go to pit to fix... after that I tried to come back, pushed too hard (got my PB on mediums, I know a 1.26 is there for me on mediums, but not tonight) got penalized and then gave up... drove miss daisy around the last few laps... strange it said DNF as I certainly did finish.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2016, 10:17:18 AM »
Up and down night for the goat (that's when they're at their best baby!!  :-X)
I tweaked a bit the wrong way before race 1, which didn't go too well. Two spins at paddock hill in the race, a little bit of damage... limped home around 10th I think.
Race 2, I wasn't feeling confident but went back to my original race setup which was a good move. Had a fun race this time. Had a good duel with Freezer (F**k Freezer!!  ;D) for a lot of it, trying to pressure him into a mistake but he held strong. Got a 5th place, happy with that  :D

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2016, 10:31:06 AM »
Mountain goats? :D

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2016, 10:49:23 AM »
Mountain goats? :D
Me likey!!  ;D

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2016, 12:11:33 PM »
Race 1: Got away OK with Paul close behind.  I was a bit tentative going into T2 and braked a little earlier, however I think I caught Paul out as there was a slight nudge from behind, but just a racing incident really as I wasn't spun out or anything.  We both crept away with damage but nothing major for my part - a little loose at the rear but nothing that a few adjustments couldn't handle.  I tried to keep it fairly steady and it was fun lapping around Brands.

Toward the end I was lapping Ben, although I'm not sure he saw the blue flags as I thought there were a couple of times we were going to touch going side-by-side through a corner or two.  So that was a bit of excitement on the second last lap of the race.

Race 2 was a lot cleaner.  Got a decent start with Paul hagning on.  Without any damage I managed to put in some OK lap times and slowly pulled a gap, however it didn't take long before every second lap I seemed to be coming up on other cars.  I was happy that I managed to get into the 1.25's though on worn medium tyres with some fuel left in the tank.

Great track.  Look forward to racing on it again.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2016, 02:28:49 PM »
I tried to relax for race 2, but I think I misjudged a heavy traffic situation with Stan, Wally, and a third driver I can't recall. Again, I do not have a replay, but I think it is my fault: they slowed down a lot because they ended up in 3 at corner entry. I tried to basically brake hard and swerve on the side where there was no car, but this also happened to be more or less the racing line. So we all touched. sorry guys!
I watched the replay, and I think what was missing here was awareness not only of the car in front of you, but also a few more cars in front as well. That corner was full of cars - me and two others, and although there was a gap to my right, there wasn't really anywhere to go. With the corner that congested, you know we are all going to have to slow a little to make it around.

I see that a bit - where people don't seem to be aware that the car in front is going to have to brake earlier, or approach the corner a bit slower, if the corner ahead is full of cars trying to negotiating it. You have to watch a few cars ahead to anticipate what the car directly in front of you is going to do.
That hit between Grat and Wally ended up with my hitting the spinning car as it backed into the centre of the track. I was unsighted due to the car in front blocking my view. That hit damaged my frontend ending my night.

Looking at the replay of the overtake by Grat on Wally there was a pretty good chance that Wally wouldn't see the car on his inside. So, for my sake it would have been good if Grat had not attempted the overtake on lap one with my following!

When watching the 12 hour last Sunday there was a similar incident at Turn 2 (right-hander) where a Ferrari turned in an Audi (I think?) resulting in a hit and a safety car. The commentators concluded that while, by rights, the Ferrari should have left room for the Audi, the Ferrari (being left-hand drive) could not be expected to see the Audi on his inside and therefore the Audi driver should have known better than to chance an overtake manoeuvre at what is the most notorious corner at Bathurst.

Rolz

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2016, 02:49:53 PM »
Looking at the replay of the overtake by Grat on Wally there was a pretty good chance that Wally wouldn't see the car on his inside.

Out of interest, where does everyone (hopefully we all run it) have helicorsa placed on their screen?

I run mine about here.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/8pquy511od235l2/Capture10.2.16.JPG

edit - I don't know how to insert mediafire pictures here
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 02:59:57 PM by Rolz »

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2016, 02:55:22 PM »

Looking at the replay of the overtake by Grat on Wally there was a pretty good chance that Wally wouldn't see the car on his inside.

Out of interest, where does everyone (hopefully we all run it) have helicorsa placed on their screen?

I run mine about here.

Can't see your picture Rolz but I run mine directly below the virtual mirror.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2016, 03:00:57 PM »
Yeah that pic is not visible.  Try to use imgur, simpler, easier to use. Mediafire is a bit rubbish IMO.

Rolz

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2016, 03:03:40 PM »
shared link instead  :-[

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2016, 03:16:14 PM »
Right click for copy image url on the mediafire page, then inserty!! (complete with width and height to be mighty fancy!!  :D)
Quote this post to see my fancy bits!!

I'm like Gratulin and run it directly under my virtual mirror.  :P
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 03:19:07 PM by StanDaam »

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
S10R3: Brands Hatch Post-Race Chat
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2016, 03:26:35 PM »
Right click for copy image url on the mediafire page, then inserty!! (complete with width and height to be mighty fancy!!  :D)

I'm like Gratulin and run it directly under my virtual mirror.  :P
Geez them thar goats is smart ;)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2016, 03:27:08 PM »

For that you need to disable their r-click override javascript.  Hence my earlier imgur recommendation.  Also the single drag-drop upload.
(i.e. just go to imgur.com, and drag something on the screen, you're one click away from having it uploaded)

But hey, if goats love extra hassles... ;)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2016, 03:28:23 PM »
Yeah that pic is not visible.  Try to use imgur, simpler, easier to use. Mediafire is a bit rubbish IMO.

You can use the share function and get a direct forum embed code with link at whatever image res you want to display in the forum. Copy forum embed code into forum directly and it works usefull if you have a much higher res image and you want a smaller version to embed in forum but people can click it to get the full res quickly if wanted.

I run Helicorsa over my virtual mirror as both give me the info I need, I use the mirror more then helicorsa with helicorsa mostly to judge side by side distance and if there is any overlap.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal