Xtreme Gaming Network

S45R6 - Calder Park Raceway

Author Topic: S45R6 - Calder Park Raceway  (Read 3490 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S45R6 - Calder Park Raceway
« on: January 31, 2023, 10:33:02 PM »
Brad won the round with 2 race wins, 2 poles and 3 fastest race laps. Wally won race 2. With Joe's technical troubles, Freezer and Joe swap places in the season standings.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
RACE 3 RESULTS

SEASON STATS

Round Points
bradc   52
Wally   48
Mael   42
Bacchulum   41
Freezer   34
Joe   0
Humper 0

Season Standings
1. bradc, 266
2. Wally, 230
3. Bacchulum, 214

Round 6 is at Calder Park.

Races are 16 laps.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 10:28:33 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S45R6 - Calder Park Raceway
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2023, 11:22:03 PM »
This might be a tuff track for the MG, some veeery long straights.  The trick will be working out when to hit the brakes without markers!!!

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2023, 03:12:34 PM »
This might be a tuff track for the MG, some veeery long straights.  The trick will be working out when to hit the brakes without markers!!!
Yeah, definitively an Austin Healy track this one.
Into turn 1 there are 3, evenly spaced marshals that I'm using but into the last chicane there's nothing.
Maybe we can have a race at the back.....

2+2=√16

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2023, 10:25:07 AM »
...Into turn 1 there are 3, evenly spaced marshals that I'm using but into the last chicane there's nothing....

Oh I know, how hard is it to consistently find the right spot.....after coming over that hill and through the chicane, I can't seem to find any rhythm for when and where to stop. For such an old converted track (imho it looks identical to the rFactor version) you'd think someone would have thrown some in  :o 

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2023, 07:07:36 PM »
Server's up.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2023, 10:29:36 PM »
Results are up - congratulations Brad on 2 race wins and the round win.

Joe still can't quite crack his 500th race - up to 498 now!

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2023, 10:42:03 PM »
Took the load cell out and cleaned everything off and it was working again. I'll try give it a test the next couple of days. Fanatec had replacements cells for 30 bucks if it keeps playing up

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2023, 12:05:27 PM »
Yes, I was running the longest gears, hence my tardy starts.

Race 1 was a good tussle with Joe until I forced a pass and escaped. Race 2 was a slightly better start, and this time managed to get past Brad and head off into the lead, pursued by Mael.

Race 3, I was behind Bacchulum. Say no more.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2023, 12:39:43 PM »
Another cracker of a night in these old little cars, quali was a lot of fun as I tried to get deeper and deeper under brakes at the back straight without going too far but my pole lap was about as close to the perfect lap as I'd done on that circuit in terms of hitting the right markers at the right time.

Race 1: I got a good start and drove off but the challenge of the back straight kept me pushing myself all race long

Race 2: Got a shocker of a start (too many revs, then bogged it) and whilst allowing space and trying to race clean Wally managed to position his car in the better position and get past. I then got into tyre trouble as my pressures were way too high meaning I was losing grip, which lead to me pushing too hard, which lead to mistakes and a couple of off track moments at the braking for the back straight. Eventually ended up behind Bacchulum's yacht and so whilst I tailgated him for many laps, my race was over, well done to him for such a faultless drive.

Race 3: sorted out my tyre pressure issues and was able to get to the front of the reverse grid race pretty quickly due to the MG-A formation flying off the track at turn 1. I thought my time of 1m12.163 was a pretty good one, until around half race distance Mael did a 1m12.162!

Sorry to see Joe out so early in the night and hopefully he's able to sort out his peddles soon, I the springs in my old Hyper peddles are nearing the end of their life and knowing that Hyper are no longer, I'm going to have to start looking for replacements before too long as well....     

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal