Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 2? - Date: March 10th Interlargos

Author Topic: Round 2? - Date: March 10th Interlargos  (Read 30841 times)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: Round 2? - Date: March 10th Interlargos
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2016, 12:27:17 PM »
Humper, try pitting in one of the practice races - maybe a number of times, even. (you can reverse back to the box after leaving and stop again).  This is just to get to know what's there.

It's ok-ish, but slow to click it all together.

Next: if you want quick stops, download the pitconfig app (as above) - then you can set the required changes before (or while) driving and all you need is to nail the stop :)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2016, 01:01:52 PM »
Had a mixed night fighting concentration. My biggest contribution was causing the restart after hitting someone from behind and then mounting the guard rail ;)

I then was in the middle of the T1 bingle at the restart. Found it really difficult to keep up with car in front but not hit it through T1 in the restart. I then had a few offs towards the end. Head-butted fence once and then did a full 360 taking out Bird. Both times I lost concentration watching cars coming up behind and forgot to drive around the corners!!??

Happy with a 7th however. Couldn't have done any better I reckon given the BMW switching to softs. Was that legal?I'll get my lawyers onto it!!??

Offline gawaterman

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2016, 01:29:08 PM »
Well that was a huge surprise. After Bruce said to stick with the same car I was apprehensive. Only intended to use the Siera at Longford cos that track had long straights and few corners.
 Then after 10 or so practice laps at Interlargos I was horrified, kept spinning 3 or 4 times every lap.
Then the more laps I did, seemed to gell with the car. Driving it at 8 tenths seems the best attack, plus it looks like somewhere in the coding the Sierra looks after its tyres much better, cos I didn't change tyres and was still doing 1.48s near the end
Looks like the car I didn't want, turns out to be the best one
Used a 2.92 final ratio and 67% brake balance rooshooter.

btw,what was the name of that tyre app everyone is using. I used to use OV1info but that hasn't worked for me after one of the AC upgrades?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 04:04:50 PM by gawaterman »

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2016, 03:35:36 PM »
I'm using Danny Giusa's tyre temp app (shows dirt & temp, and optimal temp, coloured) as well as Wally's tyre pressure engineer (although it makes no difference here)
Mind you, I don't think everyone uses the same apps :)

Wally's:
http://xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=1244.0

Giusa's
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/danny-giusas-tyre-temperatures.3507/

Tyre temp app discussion:
http://xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=331.0
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 03:37:43 PM by Bird »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal